Loneliness talking to God and keeping the same routine

I often find myself depressed when I don’t go to church and I don’t talk to people about what is wrong . So I know talking to God has been the one thing that has keeping me going and I am just facing a season of where o am get out of my element and isolation now I hate it more and more maybe it’s because I have grown to feeling life and being around people makes me feel good and especially ones that are in the same state as me single in there 20s not knowing what to do with there lives. Now that it’s winter break I am in a winter blues and I have more time to myself and my depression gets worse when I have to much time. I just don’t know what to do find new habits other then look for jobs and trying to pray I often think what I do isn’t enough.

1 Like

Man…I feel this heavy. I too become depressed and anxious when I’m not kept busy. Talking to God is a great way to express yourself freely. Although, by design, we are meant to connect with other people which is why talking to people is an effective way of healing as well. I know what that’s like. Trying writing this down like what’s on your mind, goals to complete, or anything.

When I was younger, talking to God and going to church felt like my only outlet. Especially in my teens. I spent a lot of time outlining scripture that comforted me and often also wrote those scriptures down on index cards. I kept them near me and read through them when I felt alone and needed encouragement. Maybe this is something that you could do. It’s relaxing and mind calming too.

Surely there are other things that you enjoy that you can fill your time with? Reading? Creative hobbies? Games? Music? What sorts of things do you enjoy or feel passionate about?

I understand how lonely winter time can be. I hope you find some comfort my friend. Lots of people here who are often ready to chat. Join us on discord (:

I am a writer I do have my hobbies I just often wonder if it’s enough @Tyler777 and @anon17277947
Thats is all I am saying.

2 Likes

Does your church have a young adults/singles group or small groups? Those help make the world smaller and more intimate. You’re right, 20s are rough. Bonding with a group of people who are trying to find direction gives you all a sense of collective purpose and encouragement. Other than that, like @Tyler777 said, journaling is a great way to vent frustration, and even gain insights and have breakthroughs at the most surprising times. It’s kinda like screaming, only more constructive and easier on your throat :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah man I have a small group I am in its just we are taking a month off because we are allowing more people to join the group and I had just gotten used to going this had been my first time interacting with people my own age and now that it’s on a break I am feeling that need to connect even more it was a big part of my healing and getting my faith back to a healthy way with God.

Aw man that’s tough. Try hitting up a few of them for nights out. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to help out a brother in need.

The funny thing is they are all girls which is OK but it’s weird to me because I didn’t walk into the group expecting all girls and I the odd man out but it was good it’s just I need more men friends you know

1 Like