Lonely in need of a friend

I feel so lonely and in need of a friend, it’s been two months at my new school and I haven’t made any friends. I’ve tried and tried but either I’m not putting myself out there but i just can’t make any friends. I feel so lonely and i don’t even have anyone i can talk to at home. Life is kinda sucky

1 Like

Have you tried looking into a small group or club that has a similar interests in alignment with yours? I wouldn’t stress putting too much effort to make friends if it means losing your identity. If you don’t have anyone to talk to, have you tried your family? I always go back to mine when I am struggling with life, they know me well and have always given me sounds advice.

One thing about people is that they will always let you down, however God has always been faithful in comforting me. Hope this helps!

1 Like

First of all, you have us here if you ever feel like nobody is listening.

As far as finding people at school and around you at home, it’s difficult. Trustworthy, reliable friends aren’t on every street corner. I am proud of you for putting yourself out there and trying. That’s important and it’s great that you’re able to do that. Keep it up. You’re never alone. You’ll find someone to talk to if you keep trying and keep being yourself. Don’t try to fit in with a crowd to find friends, because those friends don’t last and they are not necessarily trustworthy or reliable.

You can do it. We’re here with you, and we believe in you.

1 Like

I feel you! Even though distance divides us, feel free to hmu on discord if you need someone to talk to. I’d love to talk to you because I’m kinda in the same situation. I put my ID in my bio!

Best of luck! I’m rooting for you!

That sucks, I went through the same once. I don’t know how to turn it around since i never fully did, but what i did was make friends on the internet (some of which are still my friends many years later).

We’re here for you!

Hey @Abi - Sometimes it can take a little time to make new friends, but your time will come. Keep putting yourself out there and you’re bound to find someone! Try getting involved in a club or a sport, or some group of people who share a common interest. In the meantime, you have us! Join the HeartSupport Discord and you’ll find a bunch of great friends there!