Lonliness

It’s been a long time since my last post. Things aren’t good anymore. My hurt caused me to burn a lot of bridges. And I was necessary to my mental health. However, over the last few months my depression has left me with this overwhelming sense of lonliness. I know I can combat by being around people, but at this point I’m almost completely alone. Those I do associate with are extremely busy all of the time and it doesn’t help that I work 2 jobs. I dont have to work 2 jobs, I just picked up a part time job to not have to think about what’s going on in my head. But days off are the worst because it’s just me. Alone. Forced to be with myself and my thoughts. I’m deteriorating. Lost inside and have no clue what to do. I know I can post in here and get good advice, but at this point I need something tangible. But even that seems like it would be too overwhelming. I just turned 29 and I did it alone, even though I have 2 brothers that are the same age as me. I just feel like I’m doomed to be this way forever.

6 Likes

Hey there @JoeT, I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling like this, I know how much the lonliness can weigh down on someone. I wish I had more advice but I just want you to know that you’re not alone. You’re never alone. I know that you’re probably sick of hearing that sentence, it gets so repetitive, but it’s important to hold onto it. You’re never alone because there’s always someone out there who feels the same way you do. I know that you said you need something tangible but online interactions can be tangible even if they don’t seem that way. Having someone on the other end of a phone call, even if you aren’t talking can make the loneliness dissapear for awhile, and that’s a pretty tangible thing to feel. You aren’t doomed to be this way forever and it will get better. Maybe try becoming friends with a stranger on the internet, or text/call someone you haven’t spoken to in awhile. Loneliness is only temporary and there’s always someone out there who’s willing to keep you company if you ever need it.

Always remember that you’re not alone and someone always cares. You mean the absolute world to me. Hold fast, friend. :heart:

3 Likes

Hey Joe,
Welcome back!

I can relate to your feeling of loneliness. Im doing the same thing basically…keeping myself busy to distract myself from my feelings. Its rough, life is rough. Know you have friends here though! You’re always welcome here and we believe you can get through this and find a sense of hope and belonging.

Some of my friends have also been really busy and I’ve been struggling through one of the hardest times of my life. Its truly difficult when you feel low and like you have no one to turn to. I feel for you. But there are people here…you can participate in the Twitch community, post here, and get involved in the Discord. You might even make some friends!

Keep going. Keep trying. Don’t give up! You’re still young and have time. And, maybe, you’ll make some friends at work! Hold on to hope that better days are coming.

I don’t think you’re doomed. I think you just need to take a step back and see the people in your life and/or work on making some more connections. With the power of the internet, theres always ways to connect with other people.

Wishing you all the best,
Bethy

2 Likes

@JoeT I am so sorry you are going through this time of stress and sadness and loneliness. Those are all so hard to deal with. I completely relate to the having to burn bridges to hold you own mental health up that is something that is never easy it takes a lot to know when someone or a relationship of some kind is hurting your mental health so you should see this as something to be happy and proud about. It takes a lot of strength and courage to do that. I personally am still stuck in a situation that is causing my mental health to stumble and not be the best but I continue to fight for a good chance to be able to do what you have done.

As for the loneliness perhaps finding online supports first or communities in your area to build the friendships and find reasons to go places would really help. Covid has really shut down my area so I get it that idea that wait I am alone and I have no one is even harder when you cant be around those that are in your life. Its not on you that you cant always do these things. But perhaps step out of what you know and build a strong place on new ground. What things do you enjoy like games, animals, hobbies etc… Find people with those same enjoyments and create lasting friendships. Join the discord if you havent.

All in all just know that you are not alone in this. You are very much not someone that isnt worth peoples time you are very valued and loved.

Hold fast
Ash

2 Likes

Hi JoeT
Thanks for posting. I know what it feels like trying to keep oneself busy just to not think about what is going on inside your head. it works for a time but after a while you will become tired of that. You need to start living again. Think about what you like and enjoy and try to find a group that enjoys it too. It can be anything from gaming to sports just something that includes other people.

If you feel like you cant be with others because of what is going on in your head try group therapy. It will help you open up to people and you will be among others who can relate to your problems. Maybe you can even find some friends there.

I hope this had helped you.
Take care.

1 Like

Hey,
Loneliness sucks, and I hate you can’t find others to be around. Work and school and other stuff always ruins time to spend with the people you care about, and I know how much that hurts. I know how it feels to be in that void, all alone, with no one to listen, but sometimes it’s just you pushing yourself there. There will always be soemoen to listen, whether it’s someone you know, or a complete stranger, that’s the nice thing about online communities. Have you tried to see when and where these thoughts or feelings come in? Could there be a reason other than the fact that you have gotten a break and are now alone with your thoughts. Do you get enough rest? Or eat properly? I’ve noticed when I get enough sleep these thoughts do not come at all. I promise you, you will not be this way for the rest of your life. You just have to find a way out of this. Keep pushing forward, no matter how crazy or impossible it seems. Get up and fight back. If there is something you want, go for it. If you think you don’t have a chance, defy that logic .
Don’t let loneliness tell you that you are alone, you never are. Enjoy every chance you get, cherish it, live it, make every day a chance to be happy, to be surrounded, :slight_smile:
-Xaii

3 Likes

Something or someone? We are here, listening and caring. We are thinking, breathing, shifting in our seats, getting snacks, occasionally passing gas, and deeply relating to your loneliness. It’s good that you are here.

Share your thoughts gradually, perhaps a little bit at a time. There are times when distraction, such as work is a good way of coping. Thoughts that you’re able to face and work through will reduce your need to find distraction.

Nothing stays the same. What’s important is how we react to changes. It might be good to talk to your doctor about the depression, and a therapist about the troubling thoughts.

It might be worth learning about meditation. A clear, calm mind may be able to regard those troubling thoughts to be no more significant than clouds that pass by and disappear.

Taking care of your body and getting enough rest is very important.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.