Loosing people

So the last few weeks have been kind of hard and I am doing my best to keep positive that stuff will turn around but then I get hit with something else. I have sadly been loosing people who were close to me or near to me over nothing. It is making me feel horribly alone and a burden because what reason are these people leaving.

So let me explain a little bit so I have a service dog and something I do is have friends who also have them so that our dogs can train around each other and we can encourage each other through stuff. The group I was apart of decided to shut down the chat I was apart of. Well one of them recently posted asking if people want to do meet up training sessions again like make a chat to set stuff up. I said yes and then never got put in the chat I find out later that someone in the chat doesnt want me in it or multiple people dont want me in it. So now I am very rejected and I was already kind of shut in a low point of having people in my area and now this. I dont get why I am such a reject to people or what I did. I legit had those people as my friends and now I am not even apart of that stuff. I have been struggling to feel wanted and it is killing me. I am also starting to work on the stuff with my traumas and it is hard and making it so much needed in terms of support and friends. I legit had listed those people as apart of my support but now I dont have that and its getting to me. Am I just worthless or something like is that it.

Ash

2 Likes

Hey Ash,

It’s been a couple of days since you posted this and I hope you’re feeling a little better today.

There’s nothing wrong with you. You’re not worthless. There’s nothing in what you described that would define you, as a person. This situation just sucks and you didn’t deserve to be treated that way. In my humble opinion, I think those people’s behavior wasn’t very mature. If they had a problem with you, they should have talked to you about it so you could find an issue, together, and not just ignore you or do their stuff on their own without saying anything.

I’m sorry you were put in this position, friend. This kind of rejection really hurts and is deeply unfair. It’s not the reflection of your worth though. At most, it’s the reflection of those people insecurities and incapacity, at the moment, to communicate with honesty. This isn’t about you, really.

You are loved so dearly. Please don’t let that experience make you doubt of yourself. You’re a beautiful, caring, loving human being. I’m sending lots of hugs your way, hoping that you found some peace in your heart since that happened. You know you have an online fam’ right here to support you through all of this. :heart:

1 Like

@Micro

Thank you for replying. Sadly this entire situation is backed with awful amounts of people rejecting me and lots a lots of loosing people and things that were important to me. I struggle to feel valid and such. I have tried hard to find support and love but I havent found a lot of people who understand all sides of my life and that specific group was able to give me quite a few that were like me. It isnt easy for me to find those types of people as I am very much not good with health and with stuff so it sucks. I know I dont need others to validate how I feel but it is important to have support and people that care. It truly sucks because like I want to be supported and to have people to hang out with. With Covid and all that stuff I have limited what I do but its hard because I am feeling very much like I am alone and such because it would be nice to go do things.

1 Like

disabledmetalfan,
I think this world would be a very different place if everyone behaved in a gracious and thoughtful manner, but we all know that is not the case. We must, unfortunately deal with thoughtless, and hurtful people.
In my quest for mental health, I have discovered the power of honesty. Being honest with others, and being honest with myself.
Sadly this support group you have been a part of has abandoned you. without explanation and without notice. I am angry for you. This should never happen in a ‘support environment’ , it is destructive behavior inflicted on someone seeking support. Full Stop.
In a supportive environment they would talk to you if there is a problem, and they’d listen to you, and try to resolve whatever conflict with reason and inclusion.
Personally, I would encourage you to find a better support network as this one is not a good one. Another thing you could do if you want to know what happened is simply to ask. Be prepared for false information, and be prepared to hear things you may not want to hear, but are the truth. There is no excuse for their behavior, but this may be a opportunity for growth for you. Very often in my experience, learning my value seemed to be full of painful experiences, but we need to be valued. Peace.

@gnuone

Thank you ya it is hard because I am very much someone that when stuff is rough I shut down easily. I have had a lot of hurt in my life and a lot of pain. I try hard to not let what other say hurt me but sometimes that is not easy. I also try to always ask what I have done. The issue in the case with the service dog group I was kicked out of is that the lady who runs it aka the admin she refuses to talk to me at all. I have tried to apologize for any and all things that have made it so I cant be apart of the group but I know I havent done anything wrong. I have others who agree that I didnt do anything and I have been unfairly judged by them. I am learning that I deserve good people who support me. I struggle with it tho because when someone is upset with me I just want it fixed and good. I do battle that a lot but yes I have learned that sometimes we will have people who hurt us. Thank you for replying it hasnt been settled and I am still struggling with it but I am trying to see the good rather than the thoughts that hurt me.

Ash

Ash,
Your sensitivity is a real asset to you. I am glad that you see what happened was wrong. I hope you find a better support group, or maybe even start your own with some of the group you’ve left.
Inclusion is a topic very near to my heart, as I’ve experienced mostly exclusion and know very well the pain of rejection.
You DO deserve good people who support you, and it’s good to have boundaries. I think we’d all like really good relationships with kind and caring people, but sadly that isn’t always possible. We need to know when it’s in our best interest to move on and find the people and support we need, which fortunately, you seem to possess. Peace

Hey Ash!

It’s good to hear from you! A couple of the guys from the HS Houston team responded to your post, and here’s what they had to say.

We hope you feel encourage, and lean on us as you’re navigating what you’re going through!

• HS Houston
1 Like

Thank you so much John. I have deeply been in not the best place. The rejection is killing me. I was deserted by many lately. I was first told not good enough for the service dog group in AZ and than sadly I was rejected by the one group I had that claimed to not be toxic. I take very hard to actions of others because of my identity and other issues. But this meant a lot today. I had a deep therapy session today and it drew a lot up for me.

Ash

1 Like

Hey I hear ya. It’s good to hear from you - and I’m sorry you’re going through those things with the groups.

I’m glad to hear therapy is going well, and I know that things getting “drawn up” can be painful, but from where I’m sitting it makes me glad - I wish you the best as you navigate those things for your benefit, and we’re here to help if you’d like to post below.

Thank you. Yes therapy is and has been a lot and is very much taking a lot from me but also giving me a lot. I am hoping to over come a lot. Thank you so much. Haha also I am always around haha. Just check the discord or instagram if you cant find me.

Ash

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.