Loss in the family need to cope

It’s been a rough couple weeks. My gf lost her brother to a brain aneurysm that lead to 3 major strokes. Was only 28. I never cried so much in my life. And it’s been getting worse. I only knew the kid for 8 months but the last couple months we got super close. My gf and I are talking through marriage and now I cant even ask him to be my best man cuz if anyone he deserves it. I even feel selfless for crying so much for not knowing him too long. I was also mean behind his back, he always seemed to annoy everyone and I cant even take it back. I’m trying to cope but it’s hard my gf and I cried ourselves to sleep last night just thinking of him. There is a go fund me page for his funeral expenses and even writing that I feel selfless. I dont know where to turn or who else to share this with.

Wow. There must be so much pain weighing on your guys’ shoulders, and I’m truly sorry for your loss.
Always carry his memory with you, and when you think of him let it bring a smile to your face from your time together, rather than a tear to your eye. Unfortunately we can’t undo the things we’ve said about people but we can choose what we say about them now. We all say things behind people’s backs from time to time without realizing the repercussions, there is no guilt for you to carry friend. I that while you guys are navigating through this pain and loss, your bond grows stronger as a result. It doesn’t get better, you just learn to tolerate it more. It takes time.

Hang in there.

I am so sorry for you loss, I’m glad you have opened it. You may have said mean things to him but you can do good for him still. My Aunt passed and at her daughters wedding she walked down with a picture of her mother. Maybe your sister can do that. You have all right to cry even though you knew him for a little amount of time. I’m sure you can lean on your girlfriend as she will lean on you. I hope your heal and grow with your partner. Love you friend Hold fast.

Time - take the time you need to gather yourself and sort out your thoughts and feelings. They get so tangled and messy-feeling after something like this.

You’re definitely not alone in regretting things and not being able to make things right. my senior year of high school we had a classmate who committed suicide seemly out of the blue. I know there were some people who admitted to bullying him and wish they could take it back. It hurts but the best thing you can do is just try to be better moving forward. No one is perfect and things happen

Death is a hard thing to experience. It’s okay to grieve the loss of someone you may not have not known as well as you could have. I had a friend lose her brother to suicide. I never met him, but I’m glad that I was there when she found out and to cry with her. Give both yourself and your girlfriend time to grieve. The pain may never completely disappear, but you will find ways to manage. Hold Fast.

Hey friend! So glad you decided to make a topic. Sorry for your loss. Not too long ago I lost a loved one too and felt exactly like you. It’s not easy to get over that. It doesn’t matter you knew him for just 8 months, you still meant and still mean so much to him. Carry his memory with you in a comfortable way. Both of you will get through this! Something awesome is about to happen so hang in there friend! Hold fast.

You’re definitely not alone in regretting things and not being able to make things right. my senior year of high school we had a classmate who committed suicide seemly out of the blue. I know there were some people who admitted to bullying him and wish they could take it back. It hurts but the best thing you can do is just try to be better moving forward. No one is perfect and things happen

Hey man, I’m sorry for everything going on and for the loss of your significant other’s brother, it sounds like he was a great person to have had in your lives.

I’m sorry for the way that you feel about some of the things you said, but you’re right in that you can’t take it back. I believe that those things aren’t what matters here, yes it is perfectly valid and normal to feel bad about those things, but what matters was how you guys were getting closer in the later months. The better and good times are the ones that are worth remembering of his life.

Once again, I’m sorry for your loss. You will get through this, and the good times with your brother-in-law are the ones worth remembering.

Hold fast @MRLeite15

grief can be hard and im sorry it happened to you , close to a week now we lost my dads girlfriends aunt. no matter what take the proper steps to grief and you are not alone hold fast friend