Lost-my-mom-in-2020-due-to-masses-on-her-liver-and

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/34479
Lost my mom in 2020 due to masses on her liver and other health complications. I took care of her for years through her illnesses, and took care of her on hospice… When she passed it was like going from 100mph to 0 instantly. From Drs appointments, hospital visits, talking to home health, helping her argue with Medicare, organizing her medication, helping her with daily needs, etc, to nothing at all… Also seeing my dad go through depression for two years has been rough, he was in the same bed with her as she passed…

3 Likes

@chefthomas1988 this resonates with me soo much. The fact that you were there, fought for her to get proper medical care (mediCare is a pain) and did everything in your ability to help her, is everything. Sending you and your father positive vibes. :raised_hands:

My heart breaks for you. There is just not enough words to express how brutal it is to lose someone we care about so much, especially to illnesses that simply shouldn’t exist. I feel all of your words, as I have lost my brother a couple in 2018 due to masses that were a symptom of a genetic illness we didn’t even know about. It shakes your whole world to go, just as you said, from 100mph to 0 instantly. The intensity of hospital care, the noise and activity around, the rushing of thoughts and emotions, then suddenly the world just becomes made of this loud, unwanted silence. I feel for you, for your dad and all the people you love who have been affected by the loss of your mom. You have been such a beautiful caretaker – and still now as you keep an eye on your dad --, and for that I would like to say a huge thank you. Your actions, your love, have without any doubt helped people around you to go through this painful time while knowing they ar ecared for. I hope that you also make sure to take care of yourself, to take the time you need on your own, to allow yourself to feel what needs to be felt, especially when waves of grief hit you more intensely. Please know that if you ever need a place to be supported and share what’s on your heart, our little community at Heartsuport will always be a safe space to do so. You are not alone. Sending hugs and friendly thoughts your way. <3

1 Like

I am so so very sorry for your loss, I cannot even begin to imagine what you went through with your Mum, it is heartbreaking to read your story. What an amazing child you are to have been there through all of that and for your Dad too who my heart aches for. Its only been a couple of years but I hope that through to this time both you and your dad have managed to find a new way of living by remembering the good times and the happier memories that you had with Mum? I also hope that you both take care of yourselves and eachother equally and know that you are loved. Lisa x

1 Like

Hi Friend, thank you for sharing your story. I feel so sorry for you and your loss, this truly is heartbreaking.
it is hard to take care of your loved ones, especially when it comes to health conditions, to see with
your eyes that someone has to go trough this, is hard. you helped her, you were there for here and also
for your dad, shows the love you shared and what it meant to you. you are strong, be proud of that you
deserve that. you matter, have a nice day and feel hugged, Greetings

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@micro.mtn thank you for your empathy, kind words and sharing your experience as well

@heartsupport and we try to find ways of remembering her and sharing the good times we had. There’s places we go and things we do. We take vacation on the anniversary of her passing so we won’t be stuck in the negative emotions. For a while (and even still sometimes lol) I would say I love you and kiss her urn as I walked by, I’m not sure how, but it kinda helps

@heartsupport thank you, your words in both comments mean a lot to me