Low quality

The new seemingly lasting trend and discrimination of people labeling one another “low/high value” , low/high quality, listing things that make a person of high/low value is extremely triggering to me and offensive…and makes me sad. I know that I’m low quality and I don’t have anything to bring to the table…I don’t want nor need to hear others tell me what i know i already am.

2 Likes

Hi Lavendercrandberry,

Although we may not know each other, I have absolutely no doubt that you have much to offer, that you are a wonderful person, and that you would be “high quality” in many people’s eyes. However, to tell you the truth, I have not heard about this trend and it sounds a bit… ridiculous to me. Definitely something very superficial, and something I wouldn’t take at face value. What someone considers high quality could be considered low quality by another person and vice versa. The same thing could be said about how we view ourselves and how others can have completely different perceptions. That is some of the beauty of human qualities, they are so immensely subjective, and chances are the aspects of ourselves that we perceive poorly hold much beauty in another’s eyes. But, at the end of the day, what is important is how we view ourselves, not what others think. I can understand wanting to be seen positively by those around us, but we can’t forget about self-love. When you are at peace with who you are, the rest usually falls into place. Learning to love and appreciate who we are is not the easiest, but if there is one relationship we are sure to always have it is the one we have with ourselves, so why not do what we can to nurture it? I believe in you, wish you much love and happiness, and will be here to listen if you’d like to share more<3

1 Like

Hi Lavendercrandberry
You have shocked me a little if I am honest i have never heard of such a thing. I would like to start by saying that even thought I dont know you, I dont think for a moment that you are in anyway low quality. I find this a mean a hightly derogaroty term. We are all equal to oneanother until we prove otherwise and really the only person we need to anysew to is ourselves. You are awesome, please dont let stupid people with stupid ideas get you down. Lisa x

1 Like

I’ve personally never heard about this trend either, but what you describe is indeed profoundly shocking. There’s no such thing as measuring the value of someone, especially in such an arbitrary way. We are all valuable and worthy, no matter who we are and what we do. You have worth and value because you exist, and there is nothing to prove from there.

When people have a hard time accepting this reality and become judgmental of others, it tends to be more a reflection of their own lack of empathy at a given time, or their story and hurt or simply what they’ve learned from others over time. These harsh judgments don’t have to become a part of your world though, especially as it’s only meant to either hurt or flatter the ego of someone. It’s unnecessary, and someone’s judgment of you doesn’t have to hold any importance, especially when it seems to be so childish and subjective.

You matter, friend. It’s okay to protect your peace.