Making friends: a phaycological habit that needs breaing

BEFORE I START, THIS IS NOT A THING THAT NEEDD MENTAL SUPPORT, I WOUL LIKE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO BREAK FREE FROM THIS

So as you Mayo know, I’ve just started high school. Fun, right? Wrong. I’ve had no social life outside my little friend group. My friend had noticed this and said how he always saw me walking alone or sitting down alone. Truth is I have a phsycological thing that scares me. I fear losing friends, I fear going with the wrong crowd. How do I break free from this?

Much love,
Shadow

And shadows not like slim shady, he’s not back.

3 Likes

just for some clarification, what do you mean by “no social life” outside your friend group?

Isn’t being with your friend group (regardless of the size) sort of like the definition for ‘social life’?

It just means that thus “friend group” is just 2 people other than me, they’re worried about me not explaining my social life, and I need to break through from a physiological thing.

@Shpdqw

This is heartsupport , its not compulsory to need mental support but welcome back!!
There is a saying “feel the fear and do it anyway” its an odd one as who wants to feel fear right? I know I don’t but that fear is only something that is there to keep you safe from harm not to stop you from having a life. I personally think its normal to have concerns when entering any new situation but you just go into it a step at a time and feel your way through it.
As far as getting in with the wrong crowd, you know the difference between right and wrong and you have no problem voicing your thoughts and opinions so use that to your advantage if you feel people are leading you into things you do not want to do.
Open yourself up to new people and things carefully but do it you will find more pleasure in life and high school will become a much nicer place and trust me these are the best days of your life even though you wont believe that now.
Lisalovesfeathers.

1 Like

I totally agree with what Lisa has said 100%

Also, in order to have a bigger social circle you have to put yourself out there. Are there extra curricular activities, clubs or sports you can join? That’s a great way to find friends that share the same interests etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.