Mental health and resilience - the secrets of inner strength

Hey friends!

In my never-ending search for understanding how we can make it through life in the happiest and most fulfilled way, I came across this German documentary that coveres stories and science related to resilience and our mental health.

I’m a huge proponant that understanding what goes on behind the scenes (rather, in our brains) when we go through things. I believe in this because I find that being as educated as possible about these things can help us know more about ourselves and what we’re dealing with in life. Doing this can help us work through a lot of challenges and struggles that we are presented with in life.

It dives into the deep sciences behind the biochemical, transgerational trauma, and life events and offers perspective of how we can use this information to understand how we can be more resilient in our lives.

In fair warning there are some trigger warnings in this: grief, loss, death, childhood trauma, etc.

If you do consume this information, I hope it helps you glean a new perspective on anything you may experience and help you develop greater resilience in your own life!

With love - I Am Reclaimer (SWAT 5 Leader - come join me if you are free monday’s 9am CST!)

2 Likes

I believe in this because I find that being as educated as possible about these things can help us know more about ourselves and what we’re dealing with in life. Doing this can help us work through a lot of challenges and struggles that we are presented with in life.

This is exactly what has helped me understand much better how traumas have shaped my entire life… while also that it doesn’t define me. Without literature and research, I don’t know if I would even be here anymore. The idea of naming the struggle and understanding it feels like being in cohabitation with something, rather than having it pulling the strings as if we were just a puppet.

On the other side, I got definitely lost sometimes into learning and educating myself too much , as in: using this as a way to not feel, but rather focus on thinking, strategizing, etc. There was also, and still is (for me), an entire world to discover than isn’t taking place in my understanding of things, but how I live them - without words, without labels, but in its pure and raw experience, physically and emotionally.

It dives into the deep sciences behind the biochemical, transgerational trauma, and life events and offers perspective of how we can use this information to understand how we can be more resilient in our lives.

Definitely saving this to watch one of these days! Resilience is such an interesting topic, especially when you try to detach yourself from diagnosis, or any identity that’s been internalized and happens to be damaging to you in the long run.

I’ve been recently lost in a rabbit hole of conferences by Gabor Mate - a gem! This will definitely come next. :joy:

Thank you so much for sharing this here!

1 Like

I can definitely relate to you in the sense of “burrying” myself in learning. It can get to the point of over intelectualizing, which ironically does take away from the very point of life and that is to just live it and experience love bredth and depth of the beauty that is around us as well as the tough things that we’re potantially avoiding, thus keeping us from ultimately growing more.

Please do share anything that you’ve come accross as I’m a veracious consumer of knowledge lol.

1 Like