Mommafoxfire Fan #15

I’m a 40 year old male with a relatively new diagnosis of borderline personality disorder; this week has been a long stretch of the chronic emptiness. I have things to do, and people who care, but I feel so EMPTY.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for sharing what’s on your heart. I’m sure it’s been scary and hard having this diagnosis, but what I do hope is that from this comes the support you need. I wish I had immediate answers for you to pull you out of this empty feeling. Just know we are always here to listen if you need to talk

1 Like

I just like feeling validated, I think

1 Like

You definitely are valid and definitely not alone. These feelings may be present at the time and as cheesy as it sounds “it’s ok not to be ok” is very real, I just want for you to not feel alone in this moment while feeling this way x

2 Likes

My entire life feels like a slogan on a magnet right now, but that’s ok. Cheesy is ok

3 Likes

Hello friend, I’m sorry that you’re having problems with chronic emptiness. I have BPD and have this trait too. It’s really hard to deal with and its a confusing thing to describe or work thru. Its really hard to heal from this and I will invite you to check out Dr. Fox on youtube. He’s got some really good videos on this subject and I think you might be able to get something from them. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

I think thats admiral and honest and to be fair something everyone needs. We all need validation in out thoughts and feelings. Our Friend @Mystrose here knows so much about bpd so will be able to offer you a lot more that I can regarding your diagnosis. so I will wish you luck and let you know that we are all here for you at any time. Lisa x

2 Likes

I appreciate all of this advice very much l

1 Like

Also, I am a big fan of Dr Fox. Katie Morton is also very good as well.

1 Like

I actually do keep a blog running about my condition. A little opposite action to shame on my part. Nothing to buy or an anything like that (www.mentallynathan.com). Every time I write a post, the empty goes away a little

3 Likes

So, writing definitely helps me combat the feelings of deep emptiness

1 Like

The problem for me is that I can’t write every single time I feel the empty

1 Like

Yes, love Katie Morton too! Well, if you already watch Dr. Fox and Katie, then you have some good tools in your toolbox. I learned coping skills from Dr. Fox before I even started therapy. So happy that you’re already using his videos!

1 Like

I want to say that doctor Grande has some good content as well

1 Like

Hey friend. I looked at your blog and it’s so nice to see that you have found a great outlet through writing. Somehow, you are using it as a journaling method, and I can surely connect with how helpful that is. Personally, writing down the things I feel is super intimidating, so I truly admire/feel inspired by your willingness to open up and put words on your internal world. Somehow, even during times of deep emptiness, writing can help revealing many subtelties in our heart. Oftentimes the chronic emptiness is not actual emptiness, but a difficulty to acces to what’s still within. Although I completely understand how frustrating and/or discouraging that is most of the time. It sucks to feel like being an empty shell and having no drive within, especially when at the same time we know that we have commitments, things to do, stressors that keep being present at least in our mind.

If I may ask, how have you been navigating this new diagnosis lately? It sounds like you were already knowing it/expecting to have this confirmation, although I would imagine that it is still something to process. Especially as soon as something becomes “official”, it tends to take a different shape in our life.

1 Like

I was expecting this diagnosis, yes.

My spouse read an article and shared it with me. I had read about BPD years ago having worked in social services, but it hit me different this time.

I felt seen.

2 Likes

So thankful your journey led to that point. Sounds like it was the right validation coming at a right time. <3

1 Like