Mommafoxfire Fan #16

I’m struggling a bit with my self-worth during this current bout of unemployment. I just loved the residents that I worked with but not the position and there were no other positions available within the company and my unhappiness was starting to show and I was given the choice by my department manager to either give my two week notice or be fired so I chose to give my notice and my last day was exactly three months ago today after only 10 months with the company. I really need to be more active in finding employment but I don’t want to take just anything which is what I did with my past three jobs

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Gosh, it really sounds like the place you had been working at really drained you emotionally and mentally. Sometimes environments can make such a huge impact on us, I am sorry that it came with the ultimatum.
I hope though that since you have left that environment you’ve been able to regain your happiness and find some rest.

It’s so hard to know what to do when there seems to be a lot of ground work to cover to try to get into a new field or the field you really do have passion for.
I hope you can find some time to take a sit down to look into some things that you may be interested in to learn more about them.
I know that’s not as easy as I just made it sound, because sometimes it’s hard to even know what one would be interested in or where to start.

I hope that the upcoming months are easier on you and I hope you have this moment to enjoy the end of the year and the new year with people you love x

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My peace comes and goes and I think I’m doing ok but I have my moments! But I do have lots of pressure from family and I know some of them have good intentions and want what’s best for me but they haven’t been the kindest. It’s my best friend of going on 25 years that has been my absolute rock!

1 Like

Sending plenty of hugs your way as you walk through this brutal and unexpected life transition. It must have been such a shock to have to leave that place, somewhat forcefully. A couple of years ago I have to move away from a job I loved too - which felt like a huge loss. Coupled with a burnout, it was hard to find the motivation to look after new jobs, but even more to navigate what feels like an impossible choice between immediate (and material) needs versus what your heart truly aspires to do. It’s hard to feel the pressure of daily life necessities - earning money - while you also want to find a job that really suits you, not to just do something by default. Especially when you know already what that feels like, and how soul-consuming it can be. It’s like the world tells you over and over to go into a specific box and to not move away from it, while your heart craves for something different, something that may be more difficult to attain but that you are okay to wait and fight for.

With your previous experiences in jobs that didn’t help in making you feel whole, it makes completely sense to want something different now. I personally think it’s really a noble pursuit and testimony of your heart there - when you do something you like or that give you a sense of purpose, you will do a good job and feel happy doing it. That alone is a unique investment that is too often overlooked by employers… which is unfortunate. The importance of feeling fulfilled thanks to what we do. But you know yourself well, you know what you don’t want to experience again, and that is HUGE. It gives you now the opportunity to design your own path, to move pieces of the puzzle the way you’d like it to be, and not the way it first appears to you. There’s so many reasons out there to become someone we don’t want to be, to do things that don’t align with who we are… It is very brave to not let these thoughts and pressure take the best of you. You absolutely deserve to find something you would enjoy more, not something just because you would have to.

During this season and time of significant transitions, I hope you can also give yourself time to process the loss of your previous job. Being in the midst of needing to keep being active can leave less room to the way we feel, yet still needs to be acknowledged and processed. I hope you can take care of yourself and this heart of yours as much as you need. Job hunting is a freaking challenging journey, one that can affect how you view yourself. Through it all, never lose sight of how worthy you are, and how your needs are too! I’m rooting for you. :heart: