Music again…… and I’m lonely

Tonight, I have try play guitar alittle bit. As I was playing I couldn’t play anything good. Was getting frustrated, all the negative thought coming about me abs everyone. My ego get me very anger when I can’t even play a simple song. Been playing music since high school, I still suck as a musician. I don’t even like calling myself a musician. Haven’t been disciplined in my guitar playing, just don’t have the passion to do, cuase no matter how hard I try, I just suck.

I don’t put to much press on myself, to prove all those fucking hater that they were wrong about me. That people might appreciate my music.

But I wish still to my punk rock side and not giving a fuck of what people think of me. But my insecurities get to me.

1 Like

I’d say that probably we all battle with insecurities sometimes, and I am definitely guilty of being too hard on myself at times too. Being my own worst critic. There will also probably be people out there who will criticize us no matter what. As long as you know you’re doing your best, not having that pressure of trying to please people, then you’re on the right path. I’m not musically gifted at all, but, like anything else, I’d imagine it will take patience and perseverance. I hope the best for you.

1 Like

Hey there @Metalskater1990 ,

It is wonderful that you came here to talk - and to share your story. It seems to me like you are trying hard to get better at your talent - and truth be told no one should put you down for that - not even yourself.

You will always have a listening ear here and thank you for being you and taking the time to talk to us.

<3 Zephirah / Andrea

Hey @Metalskater1990, thank you for expressing yourself on this forum, we’re happy to have you here :slight_smile: I totally get where you’re coming from about viewing yourself as a bad musician or not even one at all. I too, struggle with what is called “impostor syndrome”, I feel that way about my abilities when it comes to web developing. I spent a good year as a student learning to code and even after I graduated, I had the feeling that “I wasn’t good enough to get a job” or “I don’t feel like I really am a developer, I’m not even that good at it”. But the thing is this, you are that which you practice, by simply doing it. You don’t have to be the best to be considered a musician or anything else you have passion for. I think you need to analyze what it is about playing guitar or being a musician that you initially had passion for, that spark that made you pick up the guitar in the first place. I hope this helps! <3

2 Likes

Hey, that sounds incredibly frustrating, feelings of being inadequate, and feeling sucky at guitar. I can super relate to this as I am an artist too. There are times when I feel disheartened when playing something that I perceive, sucks. I have a v interesting response to these feelings now. I wonder… what are your reasons for playing, how did playing guitar make you feel? Thanks for sharing with us, so much appreciation for you and respect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.