My-dad-died-when-i-was-15-it-caused-me-so-much-ago - 2666

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/41426
My dad died when I was 15. It caused me so much agony and left me going down a really terrible road for a young girl. I’m still struggling with all the “what ifs” and all the things that I wished my dad had been there for. Things like getting married, and having kids of my own, but the pain is much quieter now and I can think about him without overwhelming sadness and despair. I can think about him and smile for all the laughs I had with him.

2 Likes

My dad died Recently a couple years ago. I feel deeply for this pain, and I know that there is not much to be said to make things feel better. I think however that it is really great that you can smile when thinking of him, and that the two of you shared laughter. <3

1 Like

@heartsupportwall I’m sorry for your loss. It’s not easy, and it’s going to hurt for a long time, but time really is the best remedy for wounds of this nature. It’s going on 13 years without my dad, and like I said, it still hurts, but it’s an easier burden to carry now.

1 Like