My dog best friend died suddenly 6 weeks ago i got

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist goes to a Therapy Session by NF
My dog/best friend died suddenly 6 weeks ago. I got her after my partner had a miscarriage so was basically a daughter to me as well. I have great family and friends that helped me work through the immediate sad feelings but now im struggling with the emptiness. Even surrounded by people that care about me i feel alone.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you lost your dog so suddenly! Losing a pet is devastating because they’re so loyal and part of our family. I’m glad to hear you have a strong support system that helped you through the pain after it happened. I totally understand how you feel though. The initial pain may have lessened, but often it’s the lingering emptiness that becomes so difficult. Grief is a process and there’s no right way to go through it. There’s also no magic timeline. We just have to hold on to the memories we have and in time it won’t hurt as much. Instead of sadness we eventually come to acceptance and gratitude for the special bond we had. I know how difficult that is though and I pray that you find comfort and peace in the days ahead. Keep leaning on your family and friends and reaching out. We’re here for you!

1 Like

Hey, thank you for opening up to us. My heart goes out to you during this time, you have all of my condolences. Last winter my family had to put down the dog I’ve had since I was 4 years old. I really resonate with the feeling of emptiness, I remember walking out of the vet clinic without her and how empty the house felt without her there.
You dog seemed like a really amazing companion, I’m glad that you and your partner were able to have her in your lives and love her for as long as you did. I know it’s so incredibly hard, but it will get better.
I still get to tell stories about how wonderful my dog was and it warms my heart seeing old pictures of her. The grief doesn’t go away immediately, give yourself time and show yourself kindness as you process these feelings.
It’s going to be different, but it’s going to be okay. You and your partner I’m sure were the best dog parents and made her feel so loved. As you continue to adjust to this new normal, allow yourself to reminisce, cry, share stories with your parent, and continue to lean on those around you.
Here at HeartSupport, we’re here for you. This emptiness will slowly seep out and you will feel full and whole again. You will get through this and find hope and peace again. You are so loved <3

1 Like

Hey there, thanks so much for commenting. This loss is deep, and significant, and I wanted to record a video reply to honor that: Video reply: My dog best friend died suddenly 6 weeks ago | Loom

Thank you for sharing, and I’m sorry for your loss.

-nate, heartsupport staff