My existence

I exist purely out of the selfishness and greed of others. My parents wanted a fourth child. I only exist to grant their want. I only exist to be a laborer for companies and those with power, and because I’m unable to work I’m of no use to anyone. Because of that society sees me as a burden. I don’t even think I can go to college because of my condition. Not that I could afford it anyway. But I realized that people who work minimum wage jobs never wanted to work those jobs in the first place. They did it because they had to. Sure some people like it, but most people are just doing the best they can. That’s all anyone can do. I’d give anything to be of use to society. To work. But that’s not the hand I was dealt with. I most likely will be homeless and unemployed until I get better, which most likely won’t happen. And even by some miracle I do get better nobody wants to hire a disabled lgbt person anyway. People like to discriminate and that’s the world we live in. I’m just a tool for business owners and corporations and so I’m disposable and replaceable. I don’t get to just exist. I have to be useful. Thanks capitalism. (sarcasm)

3 Likes

An1, the hurt in your post is so justified and raw. Anybody in your position (and I’m sure there are those who are and who feel very much the same) deserves to feel that their value in life and society doesn’t stem from the work load they can manage.
I hate that society puts so much on people and expects us to slave away to earn our right to live.

I hate that it’s left you feeling disposable and replaceable because my heart knows that you are one unique and loved individual. An individual who deserves to have their voice heard and deserves access to employment that is accessible and flexible. My heart really goes out to you and those who have been pigeonholed into feeling they don’t have a true value in the world around us.

2 Likes

@ManekiNeko Unique? Maybe. Loved? No. People only love what I can do for them. They don’t actually love me for who I am and I know that. Everything is transactional. And yeah i wish things were more accessible but they aren’t. As long as people prioritize money over people and are prejudiced it won’t happen. I’m not even upset anymore. I’m just existing. At least I have my integrity, dignity, and myself. Maybe I’ll go down south so i don’t have to worry about the cold and just live in a tent or some shit. Although I guess I can’t because I’d have no fridge to store my medication.

2 Likes

Hey there, @An1 :people_hugging:

First of all I want you to know that I hear you, and that I know your feelings are 100% valid. Your circumstances would rightly leave anybody going through similar situations frustrated and overwhelmed. It’s tough when you’re fighting against a rough tidal wave of societal expectations and systemic barriers. However, like all of us, you have the power to create change, and encourage people to see things differently.

Also, please know that you are not alone. There are people who care about you and want to support you, even if it may not always feel that way. Your worth is not defined by your ability to work or meet society’s expectations. You have inherent value simply by being you. Its clear from your words that you have a deep desire to contribute and be a part of society in a meaningful way. That in itself is a testament to your strength and resilience. While it may feel like the odds are stacked against you, it’s important to hold onto hope and to continue advocating for yourself.

Beyond our community, there are lots of resources that can offer assistance or understanding. Whether it’s seeking out support groups for individuals facing similar challenges, accessing mental health services to help navigate these difficult emotions, or exploring educational opportunities that may be available to you, there are avenues to explore that could provide some relief and direction.

While it’s true that discrimination and prejudice sadly still exist in our society, there are also movements and initiatives dedicated to promoting inclusivity and equality. Change may not happen overnight, but every step towards greater awareness and acceptance makes a difference. Your identity as an LGBT person is something to be celebrated, not diminished. You have a unique perspective and lived experience that can enrich the world around you. Your voice matters, and your presence has the potential to spark positive change.

It’s okay to feel angry or frustrated at the injustices you perceive in the world. Those feelings are valid, and they can serve as fuel for activism and advocacy. Remember to also be gentle with yourself and to practice self-care. It’s okay to take breaks when you need them and to seek out moments of joy and connection amidst the challenges.

You are worthy of love, respect, and belonging just as you are. Your existence is valuable, not because of what you can do for others, but simply because you are here. Keep holding onto hope, and keep reaching out for support. You are stronger than you know, and brighter days lie ahead.