My experience with boxing forums

So I’m a huge boxing buff. I used to talk on boxing24 forum and one day I spoke about my battles with mental health, everybody supported me except for one dude. It really rubbed me the wrong way. So in the future I got in touch with him again, and I was still crushed so I made fun of him, not my strong suit. Now nobody wants to talk to me anymore on that site because I showed my ugly side. So basically I headed to another boxing forum.

I went to boxing scene forum. I swear the hate on there is alarming! No real moderators to keep people in check. Offensive language and verbal abuse.

Basically I am ousted from two forums, so I joined this non judgmental forum :sunglasses:. I was wondering if there was an ot off topic lounge where we could talk about sports, news, or random headlines while still keeping it lighthearted. Like boxing, music, random news, where we could comment on without fear of judgement.

Ps I have been on drumming forums, and the respect on there is mutual. But with combat sports the fans are a little bit nutty because it is a fighting sport. Ty from daillbreed.

My brother told me not to get into arguments but it’s too late to reconcile on those sites. I don’t have much going for me socially. I have schizophrenia and I dropped out in grade 12 and never recovered. I also have a physical disability that I keep private. So basically these forums have been my life.

I wrote on one thread that I felt sorry for a kid named Anthony who got sentenced to 60 years at age 15. One dude said horrible things like even if the pos found Jesus that is all that he deserves in a mean manner. No civil argument, just straight up offensive.

On top of that my social networks are crumbled. I quit the mental health group at the y and I am trying to get into the physical health disability group but the facilitator will not reach me back. I feel very hurt by this. I have no life and am on social assistance. It feels like a loss. So my two networks are not with me at this moment. No boxing site and no leisure group. I have basically nothing to do and I hope things change. I remain positive as much as I can but it is unsettling.

I also am trying to get in with a mental health agency to find some programs during the days. They have yet to call me back.

1 Like

Hi friend,

Thanks for reaching out. Everybody has outbursts where they say things they don’t mean, it’s part of being human. Try not to dwell on the past too much and just move forward like you have been. It can be tough to lose communities that you were a part of. But the Internet is a big place, there’s literally 1000s of forums for whatever your interests hobbies or lifestyle may be. I have no doubt you will be able to move past this. Sending love.

-SM

2 Likes

hey daillbreed,
thank you for being here on this forum and opening up about your mental health. it takes a lot of bravery to be vulnerable so i’m sorry that you were met with opposition from that one boxing forum user. when it comes to off-topic spaces, i know there are discord servers made for anything and everything! you can also create a community and attract those who are also looking for a kind place to share their thoughts like you’re looking for too!

the internet is home to people of all backgrounds and the unfortunate part is that you’ll find hate and negativity anywhere. with your story and passion for community, people like you are the bright spots in this online environment. by choosing kindness over spreading hate online, change is possible. i’m also wishing you all the best in hearing back from the phys health disability group’s facilitator - it sounds like an awesome opportunity for connection. following up with them wouldn’t hurt! overall, you have a good heart and i’m so thankful you have joined this heartsupport community. you are seen, heard, and infinitely valued.

love,
twix

Thanks Twix! I appreciate it :blush:

Just an update: I recently got back into the forums on one of the civil boxing message boards. I basically said to myself theres lots of people here, plenty to talk too! I just realized that some of the members there do not want to talk to me and that’s fine, there’s lots of people in the world! I’m still active there community wise, and I’m thankful and grateful. I think the best thing to do is not be too personal or opinionated, just talk about good things!

Also I got an email regarding the physical health disability group. I am accepted there! I’m still at a loss though, dealing with health problems but the last 5 months have been tough. They say any condition that’s chronic is very hard to deal with. I wish not to talk about it, but things are gonna be so fun when I’m healthy again!

I just thought to myself " you never know what anyone is going through, they just might be barely hanging on by a thread trying to keep it together while not falling apart " so treat people with respect and kindness and therefore my day will not be wasted. I appreciate the kind comments, maybe I should connect and give some reassurance to others to stay blessed by giving back doing a good thing. Anyway, thanks for the support.

1 Like