My friends don't care about me anymore

So these past weeks I feel like my friends or family don’t care about me anymore I tried to msg them and sometimes they reply but with cold responses they didn’t used to do that before and I feel like I’m bothering them. They don’t check on me anymore, ask me how I’m feeling I think they’re bored of me and to be honest I’m bored of myself too I don’t blame them.

I just want to talk to them like I used to before, but they’re tired of me.

I hate this.

We’re your friends and we care @mrpotato! :slight_smile: I’m sure your other friends/family care as well; sometimes I also get caught up in reading too much into texts. Could be anything, really - they’re busy, they’re also going through a rough time, etc. It also couldn’t hurt to maybe ask them if everything is okay. I actually texted this to my mom a few days ago, because she seemed a little off. Alas, it has nothing to do with me - she was just battling a bad cold. Keep us updated!

2 Likes

Hey @mrpotato :heart: Thank you for sharing with us!

I think that @Eric makes such a good point: So much could be happening in their lives right now to affect how they’re responding to you. It’s hard not to feel like it must be something you’ve done or said, I’m definitely very guilty of this, but it helps so much to try to push those thoughts away when they come. I’m sure that they love you and that they care, even if right now they’re not showing it very well.

When I’m in this kind of space what helps me so, so much is seeing any of my friends or family in person - usually it washes those feelings of doubt away very quickly. Could you hang out with someone close to you? :slight_smile:

In the meantime I’m here, and we’re all here, if you want to talk about anything at all. :heart: I hope you’re doing okay, friend. Much love.

1 Like

As I was reading that, I was just going “I’m pretty sure I wrote this” in my head. If theres even a tiny change in tone from people that are supposed to care about me I’m like okay, they’re done with me, they promised me they wouldn’t hurt me, yet here we are. Less than a year ago I was able to sit and look at my discord and think “ok, I can message any of these 6 people about what’s going on for support” and if I’m 100% honest, now. I sit there, stare at the list of people and think… There’s not a single person I can call on for help. There’s not a single person here I won’t be burdening. It hurts me to say that because as much as I know people try, it just really doesn’t feel like people care half as much as they did before.I don’t have support from my family, so when I do push myself to message those people anyway, and I don’t get a response, i just end up in an even worse place and withdraw.
You’re not alone. You’re loved.

Hold Fast
Kayla

@mrpotato Hey man, if you’d like this artwork, please email me: [email protected]

3 Likes

I do agree with the others, that sometimes it’s just that people get busy and don’t have time to talk to us, or time to come up with a good reply, and maybe given time and space, they will be able to get back with the reply needed. But sometimes it’s time to let someone go. People grow apart. It hurts like hell, but that’s an unfortunate part of life. It doesn’t mean that your friends don’t like you, they just moved on to the next part of their lives.

There’s a saying that I really really like. It goes something like this.

“People are in your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.”

People are there for either a reason (to teach you something in life), a season (to support you and for you to return support as long as they are in your life) or a lifetime (they may leave your life for a few years, but will always find their way back to you.)

Whenever someone leaves my life, and I’m finally far enough from the hurt to think reasonably to myself, I try to figure out what the reason was that they were in my life in the first place. What did they bring me? What did they give me that will help me to continue growing as I go forward? I actually lost two friends not that long ago. (I don’t enjoy being lied to…) One of them was in my life for about three years, and brought me some comfort while she was in my life. The other was in my life for about five years and brought me art. I learned a few things to do with art while I was with her.

Not everyone is meant to be a part of our lives to the end.

If nothing else, the people here care to listen, even if they don’t always have the best reply, or know how to reply.

I hope you are feeling better.

1 Like

That’s gorgeous, Dan! I love your artwork. @mrpotato is so lucky to be getting that! :slight_smile: