My Healing Era Playlist

I’ve been living with CPTSD for almost a decade now and I’ve come a long way in my healing journey. I’ve reached a place where I’m really starting to grab it by the reins and do what needs to be done to feel whole and in control of my life again. I made a playlist to accompany this chapter of my life. I hope this is okay to do, but here is my playlist if you’re interested. Feel free to share your thoughts.

2 Likes

Music can be such an incredible asset and make us feel so many subtle layers of emotions that can be hard to access sometimes. I’ve been starting to listen to your playlist and it brings so much peace to my heart. It brings a calm yet nostalgic feeling that I recognize well but am often afraid to reach. Probably because it really echoes with this inner child inside. For now, most of the time, it’s hard to reconnect with them and welcome their pain. But it’s nice to approach it safely today. Thanks a lot for sharing. It feels like applying a very soft and gentle bandaid on the heart, with drawings of a favorite childhood cartoon on it. :slight_smile:

I am too on the complex PTSD healing journey and, for what it’s worth, I’m really proud of you for getting to the point of starting to feel like being in control again of your life. It’s so hard to describe with words how it feels to be the visitor of your own life for so long. Your journey must have been a rollercoaster with painful realizations and grief. There is so much power in the very act of being here today. Thank you for walking towards your right to be. Your presence is beautiful.

In your favorite, do you have a favorite song there? And is there a personal story you would attach to it?

PS - I only knew Sufjan Stevens already, and love that it is there. Such a delicate vibe bringing nostalgic pictures to the mind.

A little share (you may know it already!):

Take care. :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words.

do you have a favorite song there?

Pretty much all the songs in that playlist are outside of my favorite/most listened to genre (breakcore & dnb) but pain on play by jinkasei seemed like a perfect bridge between healing era and breakcore.

I only knew Sufjan Stevens already, and love that it is there. Such a delicate vibe bringing nostalgic pictures to the mind.

omg you know Sufjan! It’s rare to find other people who’re familiar with his music. I was introduced to him through his Planetarium album and only recently discovered Carrie & Lowell and ADZ. I think Carrie & Lowell especially has such a tender tone, which makes sense considering it’s about reminiscing and grieving his parents. Somehow he’s able to orchestrate the sound of an old memory. It’s fascinating.

2 Likes

Pretty much all the songs in that playlist are outside of my favorite/most listened to genre (breakcore & dnb) but pain on play by jinkasei seemed like a perfect bridge between healing era and breakcore.

I am completely discovering what this genre is – never heard about it before! (Although I’m completely noob when it comes to naming or knowing genres). What is “dnb”, if I may ask?

Somehow he’s able to orchestrate the sound of an old memory. It’s fascinating.

Absolutely! It’s this special gift of being able to convey a specific feeling or artifact to a composition. From there, anyone can connect a personal, special memory to it. It really is fascinating – pure magic to me.

2 Likes

Dnb is drum n bass!

1 Like

Oh, I see! Makes sense, thank you. :orange_heart:

1 Like