My health

1. Identify a personal goal that you would like to reach. What are the changes you want to create in your life?
    Example: “I want to take action in recovering from my alcohol addiction.”; “I want to create a healthy sleep routine.”

My goal is to get mentally stronger.

1. Formulate your goal in a way that is specific and measurable. What does it look like when you’ve succeeded?
    Example: “I will reach my goal when I will hit 6 full months of sobriety”, “I want to be able to sleep 7hrs/week for at least 4 nights/week”.

I will reach my goal when i am way less frustrated over multiple things.

1. When do you want it to be done by? Make sure to define a healthy and realistic time line.
    Example: “In eight months, by 12/18/23.”

I want it to be done by the end of the year.

6 Likes

Hi @Rbutzen
Congratulations filling in your Action plan, its a huge thing when you see it put down in front of you isnt it? but wow what a goal to achieve and one that here you can have support from our community and hopefully people in your rl too. Please reach out or comment when ever you want to, as often as you need to, good or not so good. We are all here for you. You’ve got this. xx

3 Likes

amazing start my friend! Really proud of you for recognising what you want to set out to work on. We are always here to support you when you need. I know it’s not always an easy road and the climb uphill can sometimes be a lot of pressure, but I hope this community can come together to help lift that pressure. We are here for you x

2 Likes

That’s great that you have started an action plan! Just remember you don’t have to do it all at once.
Even small improvements add up!

I don’t know if you read books, but a book that really helped me with my goals in Recovery, and in forming Habits was the book Atomic Habits, by James Clear.

2 Likes

Hi Rbutzen, thanks for sharing your action plan with us.

A big step along this road is making the decision to tackle your mental health problems, so congratulations on your achievement.

A goal of the end of the year sounds like a good target, but don’t put too much pressure on yourself. This is a journey, not a race; there is no prize for coming first. Take it steady and do the work; you will learn how to tackle your frustration.

Good luck, and remember that HeartSupport is here for you.

1 Like

Hey @Rbutzen,

How is it going for you?

This action plan of yours is REALLY powerful – love that you are willing to set such an important goal. I have no doubt that you’ve known your share of pain and struggles to get to that very moment of mustering the strength to post this plan. Well done, really. You’ve made a major step by putting words onto this need that you’ve been feeling.

I will reach my goal when i am way less frustrated over multiple things.

How is it going for you on that matter? What are the things that tend to make you feel frustrated? How do you use to cope when you feel that way? < Just some questions and food for thought. You have without any doubt already a lot of strength and resources within, and sometimes it’s about learning to exploit them better or differentlly

Sending thoughts your way. You’ve shown a lot of courage for sharing this here, and I hope this community will have the privilege of hearing from you, and how we can support you the best on this journey. You’re not alone. :hrtlegolove: