My mom she passed when i was 14 im 31 now it bothe

This is a topic from FACEBOOK. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on FACEBOOK.

Belongs to: What loss are you struggling with?
My mom :face_holding_back_tears: she passed when I was 14, I’m 31 now. It bothers me every single day. I feel so alone.

2 Likes

It is not unusual to feel lonely even after years after the passing of your loved one. Try to find and talk to people who though wont be able to fill the gap will be able to make it feel better. Accept your emotions as well and get support from friends and family when needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. You were so young. I lost my mom when I was 23. I’m 27 now. I too feel lonely and misunderstood. Just being in the world when you’ve had such a horrible loss is difficult because you have questions and unsettling thoughts about life and death and most other people can go on and be happy. It disconnects you from the people who haven’t had a loss and know grief.

1 Like

Oh, friend. It must have been so heartbreaking for you to lose your mom, and especially at such a young age. When we are young we expect to grow up with the presence of our parents, not to have to figure out essential things of life without their love, care, insights. I personally haven’t lost a parent, but an older sibling a couple of years ago, someone I looked up to very much. The hardest part is to reflect of my own growth/accomplishment over the years while wishing I could tell them about it directly. It’s hard to keep moving and embracing life when someone so important in your life isn’t there anymore, at least physically. It feels like so many opportunities for love to exist have just been taken away from you. You’re left with an incredible amount of love to carry for two.

There is no doubt that between then and now, you have mustered a huge amount of strength and courage to keep pushing through. Somehow, by living your best life, you are also honoring your mom’s love and memory. But it surely feels lonely and conflicting, way too often. My heart goes out to you. <3