Need advice on current mind state?

I am miserable every day. I have a good job, kids , and a wife but I am not happy. For some reason I always think people are talking about me. When I’m not at work I feel like I’m getting talked about. When Im around friends I feel like I’m getting talked about. I feel like everyone hates me even though I really can’t find evidence to back it up. Everyday I feel like something bad is gonna happen. I don’t feel normal and I’m never happy. I feel like everyone is thinking about me and that I’m a horrible person. I just wanna be normal. Ive been seeing a therapist for the past 2 years and am on prozac but I feel like I’m still going down hill. Can anyone help?

Hi friend.
I know it feels to wake up and just be waiting for something to go wrong. I’m glad you’re in therapy and getting support, I would encourage you to speak to your therapist and tell them you’re feeling this way. I would also encourage you to speak to your doctor if you feel like your medication isn’t working - they may need to increase your dose or change you to a different medication. It took me 4 years to find the right one, and Prozac doesn’t work for everyone.
Keep talking to your wife too. She’s there to support you and love you, and if she knows this is how you’re feeling, she can do that.
I would like to encourage you to take a look at Dwarf Planet as well. It’s a workbook on depression that HeartSupport created and may help you understand what’s going on a little better with your mood. You can find it on amazon just search Heart Support!
You’re not alone even if you feel like it, you have your family, your job and a whole community here beside you. You’re loved.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like