Needing advice on something

Hi everyone,
So i’m needing some advice on something.
As i write this, my roommate is crying pretty bad. I want to go check up and see if everythings ok or if she needs anything. But i’m not entirely sure if that’s the right way to approach. I know sometimes for me personally, i want my space to cry and then maybe reachout. Idk if maybe she feels the same. I know sometimes we all need that space at first.
Any advice on how i can approach these types of situations? I know i should respond with love, but how if sometimes people want and need that space to themselves. Especially if something bad happened.
Thank you all so much. You all are such a wonderful community. <3

Ask if she is okay. Just say that you are there for her if she wants to talk. If she doesn’t, say you totally understand but wanted to let her know you’re there if she needs you.

1 Like

nessdaniels,

Whenever the question is: should I or should I not? I most of the times lean towards the side of “I should” because I’d rather be wrong showing love than leaving someone alone. Going up there and telling your roommate, “Hey I hear you’re hurting, and I want you to know I’m here for you if you want to talk” or even asking, “Hey, whats wrong friend?”…and then if they don’t want to talk, they can obviously tell you, and if they end up wanting to talk later, they’ll know you care because you came up to love them.

That’s my thought at least!

1 Like

Thanks so much Nate!

Thank you so much! Means a lot