Never-seeing-my-daughter-again-not-just-anxiety-la

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/36235
Never seeing my daughter again, not just anxiety, large panic attacks

3 Likes

Hi there, that sounds very distressing! Do you have people who can support you through this? We are here for you, this is a safe space for you to share or vent.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the anxiety you face from not seeing your daughter— I can see that you both are very close from your response. I’m not sure what the cause is, but I understand how it feels to lose connection with a family member, regardless if it’s loss of life, rights, etc.

I’m hoping that you have someone to talk to within not just your family, but your community, professionals, and you even have all of us here to lean on whenever you feel in these states of panic.

Just know that you’re loved here and always welcome to share what you need to— we’ll be here 24/7, 365 to support you.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re having so much anxiety and I hope that you can find some coping skills to deal with them. Breathing is a good way to calm yourself. I like to breath in for 7 seconds and then out for 11 seconds. Getting a hold of your breathing can really make a difference.

1 Like

That sounds like a really difficult thing your are dealing with and I’m so sorry you struggle with that. Please feel free to share more if you would like. We are happy to listen/read and be here for you if we are able. You are not alone :hrtlegolove:

Panic attacks are so scary and they feel huge when they happen. Having them be related to not being able to see your daughter again sounds very painful. I don’t know your situation, but you are more than welcome to post on the Heart Support wall if you want to talk more. There is a whole community here to love you and support you.

1 Like

Is there a certain trigger that heightens your panic attacks? I always found that things like deep breathing and aromatherapy really help. Just remember though that we are here to support with anything that you’re going through <3

@heartsupport nope, I’m male, we’re told to suck it up and deal with it.

I am so sorry to hear that. I hate the stigma that was created that people think the male population just needs to “man up, suck it up, and be tough”. Your mental health is just as important as anyone else’s.

Im so sorry you’re going through such a difficult time.

#From natetriesagain: Yeah, it’s very out of body - when terrible things are happening to you, and your life is crumbling, and you’re naturally responding, but then you have this meta kind of shame that says, “Don’t respond that way”. It creates this separateness inside of you from what you ARE feeling and what you have been told you SHOULD be feeling. It creates this gulf inside of you, and it makes it really hard to even know what to do.