No Friends

I moved to this country a year ago, and since I arrived … I have not been able to make a single friend, I know that these are difficult times and more because of the Cov19 virus. but he feels very lonely … anyway thanks for listening (read what is on my mind.)

1 Like

Hi!
I know you would be able to make friends if it weren’t for that disgusting horrible Covid 19.
It’s worse than trash. It should never have existed.

Hey @Samyr,

Thank you so much for being here. :heart:

Moving to a new place can be such a difficult transition. In ten years, I’ve moved 4 times to different places and I understand the difficulty of making new friends when it feels like you have to start all over again. Now that covid happened, it’s even more difficult to meet new people and create new habits where you live. It’s such a difficult time that is synonym of loneliness for many of us. My heart goes out to you.

You just did a good thing by reaching out, friend. It’s an important step, especially when we’re feeling alone. It’s how we create new connections. This community wouldn’t have the honor to see you here and to learn to know you if you didn’t open that door! Again, thank you so much for being here.

Honestly, I’ve felt pretty lonely too this year. I’m in a country I didn’t have the opportunity to know very well yet, my partner and I weren’t always living together this year, my “irl” friends were mostly my ex-coworkers and I’m unemployed now. With covid, time and distance began to get the better of us and it’s just hard to socialize in these circumstances. For what it’s worth, know that you are not alone with those feelings. It’s been, unfortunately, something that many of us felt, even temporarily.

You’ve been trying your best despite a year that just sucks. You’ve been giving yourself the time, patience and perseverance you need. It might feel like it’s very passive, but it’s not. You are not unseen, friend.

It’s not the same as going out and having someone physically there for you, but we’re still lucky to live in a time when we have access to Internet and can make online connections with others. I’ve personally felt less alone thanks to this community this year. I’ve met and learned to know wonderful people here and it would have been so much more difficult without them. And I hope, with all my heart, that your presence here can be the first step for you to create meaningful connections and, with time, feel less alone. If you feel like you have no one in your life, then welcome to this online family. :heart: :wink:

I’ll share a few links with you - just opportunities to connect with the rest of our community in ways that would be more direct/effective than only on the Support Wall:

It would be pretty neat to see you there! We’re never entirely alone, friend, even if sometimes it feels very, very lonely. Your voice is heard. You are seen. You are loved. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.