Nobody cares about anyone but their own priorities

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist want to be Happy. By NF
Nobody cares about anyone but their own priorities! Life sucks! People are selfish and only worry about themselves!! It really saddens me!!

1 Like

Yea, it’s easy to feel alone in a world like ours. There’s so many people, yet at the same time so many reasons to be confronted to our own solitude. When you look around you, it feels like everyone is focused on their own life and has enough to deal with somehow. It’s understandable, and somehow normal as we all do this, but from the outside it can be perceived as selfishness, or just a general lack of care for others, especially when you are struggling yourself and wish for people to see you. There’s something inside of you that feels like screaming your heart out, but seeing howothers are, you wonder it’s even worth the try - or if you would end up feeling even more ignored and invisible. Nothing hurts more than feeling like our pain isn’t seen when we try to communicate it.

It’s hard to find the right balance sometimes between focusing inward and outward. But when you find yourself in pit of despair and pain, it really feels like no one cares and you’re left on your own. It always makes me think of this image of just being on fire and walking around but no one seems to notice the flames. It feels like you’re literally burning alive but no one acknowledges it, no one acknowledges you, which pushes you into feeling even more hopeless. Then becaue you feel the intensity of the flames, you wonder how on earth someone could not SEE the pain you’re in? It’s almost as if they don’t want to see it, and it freaking hurts to thing about this possibility.

I don’t know if you’ve experienced this yourself, but if you do my heart surely goes out to you. What you describe is a type of loneliness and isolation that no one should ever experience. Life is hard enough, and it’s so important to feel like there are safe people and outlets out there to rely on. On the contrary, when the presence of others pushes us further into isolation, it hurts as hell.

The fact that you feel the depth of such injustice also shows how much YOU care and how much using our empathy is entirely part of being human. It makes us decent, caring, loving, and is just part of contributing to making this world a little bit more safer for every soul. Youcare without a doubt, and you are aware firsthand of how it feels to be in this position, to feel alone while surrounded by others.

If you are struggling yourself and feel alone right now, I would like to invite you to share more over time. No pressure in this statement, this is really an open invitation, and our community would love to know you better, to hear your own story. Your voice matters so very much and what you’ve sharedhere already is fundamental. I understand how hard it can be to feel heard sometimes in a world like ours, and am sending much love your way.

1 Like