Not dealing with life well

This winter has been horrible. We lost my uncle who I was very close with suddenly in February. My depression has been getting worse with all the snow and cold here in MN, and this sudden grief has me wanting to self harm a lot. I feel like I have no control over anything going on in my life. I feel like I’m falling and not sure if i can make it back if i hit rock bottom. I can’t seem to talk to anyone. All my friends don’t want to hear it and I can’t talk to my family about it either. I just feel helpless and alone.

2 Likes

Soon will be Summer. :blush: You can control your mind. Be your own master. Don’t let the Bad thoughts Take over You. Everything will be allright. You have to realize that You have this one Life. Sometimes Life isn’t the best Thing, but Sometimes Life is such a crazy cool Thing. You will Shine brighter in the Future. Believe that!

1 Like

Loss can change who you are, both physically and mentally. Sometimes this is needed, sometimes this is not wanted.

Healing is something that takes time. The process is full of up and downs. Winter is not the best, and weather can really change the perspective of how you see things. Sometimes we have to take all of these things as signals and work towards them.

Life breaks us down so we can get back up. It’s hard and I know that maybe is not what you want to hear now, but hitting the lowest point is not a complete tragedy. Take is as an opportunity to grow.

Friends will be friends in every situation. Sometimes however people just don’t want to share your own grief, and it’s completely understandable. Whenever you need, you know that we’re here for you, no matter the issue.

Love you ╳

1 Like

@Spatgramle

I’m sorry you are dealing with grief. It is not good. I don’t know of how I can make you feel better. You just need to vent. Thank you for sharing.

I’m so sorry about your uncle. It’s never easy losing a loved one. That’s hard. :frowning:

I’m sorry you are feeling so awful. I can understand the struggles of friends not wanting to hear it or not knowing how to respond. I’ve learned that sometimes my friends just don’t alwuas know how to help. Not that they don’t want to, they just don’t always know how to understand or how to react. Sometimes it’s not their fault and sometimes it’s just been that my “friends” weren’t friends at all. And that’s rough.

But you have friends here who care about you and how you are feeling. So I hope that you will continue to reach out here when you are feeling alone.

I’m very sorry friend. I may not be able to take away the pain your are experiencing but I want you to know that you are seen. You are heard. You are loved. And I hope that you are able to find something to help you through this. That some sort of light will bring you the strength you need to pull through.

Hang in there my friend.

1 Like

HOPE. Hold on. Pain ends. When there is a significant loss, it is so very important to grieve in a way that embraces the loss - it is normal to feel out of control. Loss is traumatic. No one teaches us how to survive loss. We just have to figure it out in the moment. But is you fell like harm to yourself- that raises a flag that goes beyond grief. When you feel a focus of harm to yourself, search where that is coming from. If friends are not equipped to hear it, then go where people are strong enough to show up for you. You are worth it. Speak more here… you have a community here that is positioned to pay attention. It’s ok if others are not able in the moment we need them. Forgive that - just move forward to the place where others can give you what you need. You are worth all of that.

1 Like