Of Older Dogs and Jinni Us

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

It is a very odd thing to become old enough to watch old ways give way to new. The term “disabled” has only recently started to transition from noun to verb. Any such change, in its beginning, looks to be a dangerous game. Like any innovation, it can be used as tool or weapon at the discretion of the wielder. Concern is warranted on both sides without information that only more future will reveal.

I cannot say which path it will take. I can only know the joy of hearing any answer aside from those the elders whisper. All can remain the same and still be better for simply knowing what they did not.

For myself, this comes from researching Autism and cPTSD. I did not find any rule against posting links and hope those below help someone who merely didn’t know they were themselves. If nothing else then I hope they manage to be topics of interest for any who happen across them. Thank-you for reading.

1 Like