One Year Self Harm Free

Just three months ago I was really struggling and I posted here about feeling like I was about to throw 9 months of being clean away. I struggled with severe urges to self harm around the clock. I had such great responses and it REALLY gave me pause including the video/ live chat feed where someone said hey man what is the core of this that is making you feel like self harm is even an option at 9 months clean??? I then promptly went back to counseling. I addressed some things that I had always avoided my entire life. I just wanted to thank the community here for that response because it gave me pause and was a catalyst for me to help myself. It jump started an entire process that was life altering for me. I am 2 hrs away from being clean for a whole year now. The urges have really subsided. My life has changed and on what feels like an intrinsic level. For anyone struggling CHANGE CAN HAPPEN. It was real for me, I live it every day. I’m realistic enough to realize that some days in the future may be tough, but I know now that I have the right skill set and mindset to handle what comes my way thanks to Heart Support. Stand Strong

3 Likes

A year!! That is amazing!! I am so proud of you for taking the steps to help yourself! That is such good news! I’m glad that the community could be there for you and lift you up. We have such an amazing group of people here who are always trying to help each other through our trials. It’s always so wonderful to see success stories.

Keep doing what you are doing my friend! I am so happy for you! And thank you for sharing! I hope this inspires others and shows that there is hope in better days!

• Kitty
1 Like

Thank you for sharing this. It’s good to see the victories also. I am really proud of you. I know how hard the fight is and takes so much courage to get through the urges. Also, proud of you for going back to counseling that is huge. Keep up the good fight. Honestly gave me hope that I can get to a place of stopping. Thanks again for sharing. It’s been good to read about some good things happening.

1 Like

Congrats : i am about to be 2 years clean . keep on fighting .!

3 Likes