Open discussion - my journal post

This is a topic we can all relate to , mental health . Not only that we struggle with it , but it’s something we are not alone in. I follow an artist who put this Instagram reel out and I wanted to share it with you as it hits a home for most of us …
You’re worth it video

I have a question for you all to answer and I’ll also respond after this questions .

1. what does self worth mean to you?
  2. what defines us ?
  3. if you make a mistake what does that mean to you , and why do you think it leads to a bad impact on how you feel?
  4. why do you feel like you have a certain image of you and how you are ?
  5. if you had thought the words “if they really knew me what would they think of me “ how would you get rid of the negative thinking
  6. is one too damaged to be loved???
    ————————————————————————
  • what self worth means to me is that , I see my self as someone who doesn’t look don’t at herself for her flaws , for her being different , for someone who doesn’t look like XYZ but looks like she’s alright just the way she is ….
  • when it comes to defining people , it shouldn’t be based on how we look , how we act how we dress , as I was told several years ago at my low , the amount of money in my bank account shouldn’t define who I am as the person .
  • making human mistakes and errors is ok , just because you make one mistake doesn’t doom you for ever . If one gets a cut on their leg from falling , will it be their forever? No, it won’t because it takes time to heal . You will learn from your mistakes and it will take time for you to heal ….
  • when it comes to image , we feel like we have to be at a certain standard , we have to “dress to impress” , we have to act all different like just to “fit in”……. Which with our self image that is not okay . We as humans we are made to feel unique , to be different , to be human . It is okay to stand out . If people judge you based on your image , don’t let them make you feel any different ……
  • for me getting rid of the negativity is , be yourself . If they don’t like you for you , find new people who were to accept you .sometimes people struggle to feel like they are welcomed so they let it out on others . Which letting their self esteem to ruin others thoughts is something that shouldn’t be happening . Thoughts are just thoughts …. These thoughts can take time to go away ….
  • no one is too damaged to be loved . You make feel damaged and broken now but that’s only temporary… you will get better your puzzle pieces will get picked up . Your life is worth living and your worth sooooo much…

Hold fast , you’re worth it !!! I

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing these questions and your thoughts about them. I would like to share my views on the questions you mentioned. First I have to say I believe in Jesus. That’s why I answer the questions out of this point of view.

1. Self worth mean to me, that I can accept how God has made me. Yes there are some things I can change about myself. But some things I can not. To have self worth means that I can love myself as I am right now, because God loves me.
  2. Us defines that we are made in God’s image. God created humans to be with him in eternity. That was our ultimate goal. So we are defined by what God thinks about us because he is our creator.
  3. If I make a mistake it should not mean so much to me because I am sure that God still loves me and his grace is sufficient. But often it means way to much to me. I feel worthless and feel like crap if I make a mistake. That is because I think way too much about what others think about me. If I would only think about God’s unconditional love and rest in his grace I would not be down after making a mistake. But often I think too much about others and too less about God.
  4. I feel that often my view on myself is defined by a way too high standard. I compare myself to an perfect me. This view comes because I compare myself too much to others who seem to be better in some areas than me. In my opinion many have this problem. They see others. Compare themselves to them. And often they fall short and think they have to work until they are like some other person.
  5. I only can get rid of this negative thinking if I think about God. God does know me completely. There is nothing what he doesn’t know. I can’t hide anything from him. But God still loves me and was willing to give his only son to die for me so that I can live in eternity together with him. This is my only comfort and my only hope. That God who knows me better than I know myself, still loves me and would like to spend eternity together with me.
  6. Absolutely not. Because God loves everyone without exception, there is no one who is too damaged to be loved. Despite what we have done or what has been done to us. God still loves us, so we should love us too.
4 Likes

There are two aspects, one is my relationship to myself and how I find meaning through personal growth. The second is my ability to contribute meaningfully to those around me.

For better or worse, we define ourselves. We define ourselves to others through our words and actions.

There are a lot of mistakes I don’t feel badly about because I learn from them. Mistakes that have a negative effect on others are a different story. Regretting such mistakes and feeling badly about them isn’t really a bad impact. It’s evidence of a caring heart.

Having a self image is inevitable. It’s part of our humanity. My self-image is a projected belief in the person I want to be. That helps me to share the best part of myself in the world.

I might say “if they really knew me, they would know how much I care and how hard I am trying.”

Absolutely never! Some severely damaged people are difficult to love, and in the case of dangerous ones, it may not be possible to act as though love exists. Sometimes the greatest act of love is preventing someone from hurting themselves or others. The most severely damaged people are the ones in the greatest need of love.

4 Likes

I saw this topic earlier today and I tried to avoid it, but I think it’s important to ask yourself questions like this. So, it took me a couple hours off and to finish it.

1. what does self worth mean to you?
    It means being able to love myself and to accept the love of others. I struggle really bad with this.

2. what defines us ?
    People say we define ourselves, but first we have to rid ourselves of the conditioning we’ve been thru from people in our past that told us how to act and feel. We will be empowered to choose how we act and feel. We’ll know who we are and that will truly define us.

3. if you make a mistake what does that mean to you , and why do you think it leads to a bad impact on how you feel?
    Generally, if I did actually make a mistake and someone brings it to my attention I will take it
    well and learn from it. Sometimes paranoia plays a role and my mistake, either real or perceived
    makes me feel like I’m hated and this will trigger me and nothing ever good ever comes from that. It
    all depends on my state of mind at the time.

4. why do you feel like you have a certain image of you and how you are?
    Because I am cluster B and stigma for this is huge. I’m told that I can’t be helped, that I’m toxic and
    just want attention. Some therapists won’t even see me because of this. I’m mindful of this and I
    try to not be those things. So, I’m scared that if I do show this side then it will just confirm the stigma.

5. if you had thought the words “if they really knew me what would they think of me “ how would you get rid of the negative thinking
    I have, but in a reverse sense. Again, the stigma tells society how people with BPD are. We’ve all
    seen Fatal Attraction right lol. So, if people saw me without the stigma what would they think?

6. is one too damaged to be loved???
    I don’t think so, but I haven’t figured that out for myself yet.

4 Likes

Be able to sit with yourself and not feel bad just for being you. To be able to feel good about yourself despite mistakes. To be able to just exist and be fine with yourself.

Physically brain chemistry. Philosophical our actions and how they affect others plus intent. What we think. What we want. What we believe and why we believe it.

When I make a mistake I feel horrible especially if it hurt someone other than me. I think it leads me to feel bad because I want to not hurt anyone and it hurts me a lot when I do.

Because of how society and how I was raised to think about how I should be.

I don’t know. Maybe asking the people who I think who wouldn’t care about me and see what they would think about a different person who has done the same thing.

No but I have to remind that I am a person too and part of the everyone. Because everyone is lovable and able to change.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.