Over 60 days sober and in a weird spot

I’m a vet with PTSD and anxiety/depression and just looking for support. I’ve been looking for a therapist for a while, and there hasn’t really been a good fit. I’m going through a weird fog with an ebb and flow of depression and anxiety. Can’t really explain it, but looking for a forum to try and talk it out. I used to use alcohol to numb emotions. But I decided to cut that out, which has been tough.

3 Likes

Hello:

First and foremost, a deep thankfulness to your brave service and heart to stand for your country. That will never go unnoticed by various across the land.

Secondly, my heartfelt apologies that your PTSD, anxiety, and depression have become within your pathways. Alcohol can actually make more problems, with anxiety especially, and reducing that was a wise step to better your overall mental and physical health (though may not realize that as you mentioned it’s tough).

Any moments/situations that you seem to feel cause more of the feelings to arise or just a generalized environment that you currently are dealing with?

If any of this helps, grandly thankful for that.
Nature walks are known to help reduce anxiety, depression and/or stress. Some studies provide that 80% lessened feelings when 2+ hours of sunlight, nature, and fresh air are welcomed aligned with walks.

Looking into a dietician/doctor to make sure your food/herbs intake present all the nutrition you require (vitamins and minerals included). A deficiency in vitamins like D, B1, etc. can potentially rise the potential of these symptoms you have.

Thankful for your path.

God Bless,

John German

Welcome to Heart Support William! We are so glad that you found your way here. And thank you so very, very much for your service to our country. I have an idea for you to have that place to talk it out with your PTSD and anxiety/depression. There is a separate group / forum specifically for vets that is run by an amazing vet CSM Don McAllister. It’s by Vets for Vets. Mental Health Community Support for Veterans | HeartSupport

That may be a great place to check out and see if you would find those who are like minded and understanding of the unique struggles that Vets go through.

Of course you are always welcome here in this space to talk as well. You are appreciated, valued and belong here for as much as you would like to be. And if you do decide to check out the Vets forum, let us know how you are doing over on this side of the web. BTW - 60 days sober is a huge accomplishment!! Well done friend, well done.

1 Like