Panic attack just now

I just had a panic attack.

I was (still kind of am, cuz it hasn’t quite ended) so scared that it was/is a heart attack. I say this only because I’ve had some pretty bad insomnia lately, so I thought the lack of sleep may have affected my heart or something?

Now I’m back in bed but still feel palpitations and shortness of breath
Either way, it’s most likely a panic attack. After what was like a couple minutes of intense adrenaline, my body feels drained but still anxious and nervous. Any advice?

1 Like

You’re okay. It’s okay.
Breathe deeply, focus on the air in your belly. Close your eyes. Do things to distract yourself, like math problems or listening to songs, reading, something you love.
You’re okay.

1 Like

Maybe you should think about taking sleep pills

Hi friend,

Yea, anxiety can be really rough some times. I definitely have been there. It can be very painful and taxing on the body. It’s good that you laid back down. Sometimes getting some good rest is the best thing you can do for yourself when you are dealing with anxiety. Allow your body to just relax and rest into your bed. Try to find something to calm and slow your mind. And allow yourself to just breathe.

I made a list of links just for this. Full of mind calming music, guided meditation, mental health videos and free resources from Heart Support. You can find that here if you’d like to check it out.

In the mean time. Be gentle with yourself friend. Do whatever you need to help yourself work through the anxiety. I know it’s not always easy. Calming music always helps me. Watching something cheerful or happy. Or even writing out how I feel. Whether in a private journal or a blog. Whatever it is that works for you. Or even a bath or a shower under dim light. Candles are always nice if you have them.

Just know that if you need a place to talk about what may be causing your anxiety, you’re welcome to share here.

I hope you get feeling better

• Kitty

@anon17277947 @Bvblover16

Thank you for answering. At the end I did manage to fall asleep. I’ve had panic attacks before, but this one felt particularly scary. Thank you for the links! And I will definitely look into sleeping pills.

I’m still very anxious (as per usual) but I’m safe, so thank you again.

1 Like

Hi.Thanks for sharing your detailed review of this article.panic attacks, also known as anxiety attacks, are periods of intense fear and apprehension of sudden onset accompanied by at least four or more bodily or cognitive symptoms such as heart palpitations, shortness of breath, or feelings of unreality and of variable duration from minutes to hours.

1 Like

Seek help. Please. Don’t try to go through this alone. Getting help doesn’t make you a weak person. Let someone close to you know what’s going on.

1 Like