Part of breaking that bubble of depression is real

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Melissa Cross and Therapist react to Sound of Silence by Disturbed
Part of breaking that bubble of depression is realizing that someone actually believes in you that you can break it. I haven’t had a friend in over 7 years. Everyone I thought were my friends disappeared when my wife died. Loneliness is real. Obligation to raise my daughters keeps me alive. Nothing else.

1 Like

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

I’m super proud of you sharing your feelings about depression. Depression was a hard battle for me to fight against for many years. That’s awful for your friends to leave because your wife died. If I was your friend, I will be trying my best to comfort you for something difficult in your life. You may feel that losing friends is the end of the world.There are people out there that want you to be your friend. You just need to get out of your comfort zone. Everyone can relate to your post. It sucks how people will stop being friends for you due to something. I do have friends but I do feel alone once in awhile.

Your daughters were really appreciate for being a wonderful father! I met a lot of bad parents at my job. It’s good to be alive for your daughters. What are things that you want to accomplish in your life besides taking care of your daughter? You may not know right now. The real world sucks really bad but I always remind myself to be positive. You aren’t alone going through depression and I’m here to support you the best I can.

Hello friend,

Thank you for sharing about your experience with depression. Dealing with depression is hard on it’s own, it can definitely be harder when we feel alone/lonely as well. I’m sorry for your loss, and for the way other’s left you unsupported at such a crucial time of need. I am glad that you have your daughters, and that they keep you going.

I’m hoping that you will come across people that you can build a wholesome friendship with and a stronger support system as well. I know I’m just a stranger on the other side of the internet, but I do believe in you, and I hope you can continue pushing on until you find more reasons that keep you alive. You are doing your best and I’m sure that you are valued and loved for the father that you are to your girls. I admire your resilience, and I am rooting for you! :white_heart: