Pay Down Debt

1. Identify a personal goal that you would like to reach. What are the changes you want to create in your life?
    Come up with a plan to save money with sid gigs.

My goal is…

I will have enough money to pay off debt

I will reach my goal when…

I pay down some bills

I want it to be done by…

next year

3 Likes

Hello:

Financial management and thereafter of more financial freedom - priceless. Congratulations on your goal.

You can accomplish this.

Thank you for your roads.

God Bless,

John German

1 Like

Hello @JustLikeMellie

Welcome back to Heart Support, it has been a long time. :slight_smile:

Your goal of paying off your debt sounds great! It’s hard to be in debt and getting out will make you feel really good. How are you going to do this? Are you going to set up a budget for your monthly spending so you have some money to use to pay extra for bills? Are you going to use a financial app or meet with someone to talk about ways you can pay your debt off by next year? Its good to go into this with a plan so you can be successful and we’d love to help support you thru this, so please come back and let us know if possible!

Take care!

1 Like

Hey @JustLikeMellie! I’m glad you’re back! What a great idea to make an action plan to pay down your debt. And I love that you are giving yourself time to truly accomplish this goal. So I have a couple of questions for you. First, have you made a budget for yourself? And have you tracked your spending currently? Knowing where you are and what you are needing to spend for things like rent and utilities is really important. Those are things you have to pay. I know that I had to track everything, even my Starbucks coffee to really know what I was spending.

There is an online app called Mint.com from Intuit (same company that makes turbo tax). They have a really secure website that lets you track spending and make a budget so you can see where you are at. I know there are other great apps as well. However you choose to do this - cutting your spending and paying off debt is always a really great goal. It seems we breathe so much easier when we don’t have the weight of debt on us. Please come back and let us know how you are doing with this amazing goal.

1 Like

Hey Friend, I am proud of you for making this plan, its great to actually make some decisions and write them down, it kind of makes them more real. I wish you luck and look forward to hearing your progress. Lisa. x

3 Likes

Thank you for responding!

I have a bit of a budget set up and have been using the Every Dollar app.

2 Likes

I have a budget and I use the EveryDollar app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful!! You have a good start to achieving your goals. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do and I’m cheering you on.

@JustLikeMellie Hey there! Paying off debt is definitely a huge accomplishment, and I wish the best for you!

I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of Dave Ramsey, but I work for him and I can give you a code for a free finance/budgeting audiobook and “6-months free” for a budgeting app, if you’re interested :slight_smile:

1 Like