Platform Content #102

Sometimes I get anxious, have panic attacks, get overwhelmed, have triggers that remind me of traumatic experiences in my past. Sometimes I repeat mistakes knowing they are going to give me the same outcome but i justify that “it just is a part of my nature”.
Sometimes I know I need to correct my habits but I enjoy them too much and rely on grace or a “idc” attitude.

Those things tend to grind away at us over time. Our anxiety builds up and becomes too much. Our mental and physical health gets worn out from poor habits. The triggers keep engaging us over and over again, slowly detouring us from where we should be headed.

It’s not easy to talk about these things because society always tells us to “show your good side” or “you’ve gotta be successful, to have a nice car, money, family, faith, political stance, “fame”?

Life is messy and so are we. I’ve struggled with abusing alcohol, depression, stress, anxiety, ptsd and honestly I don’t care who knows it. I’ve also been nominated for 2 Grammys, sold million albums, toured 40+ countries, started a non-profit & opened a gym.

My mental health is more important than any of what society tells me, what makes me … me.

I want to encourage you to share what you struggle with - start learning more about your mental health, how to heal & understand it.

Here’s how:
In the comments write @Heartsupportwall and then write out any of the thoughts that have been weighing you down.
You can talk about anxiety that you’re facing today, even in this very moment, or depression or thoughts of wanting to end your life — whatever it is that you’re facing, becoming aware of it, writing it down, and then receiving encouragement for it has significantly bettered my mental health, and I believe it may help you too.

If you choose to write in the comments, you’ll receive supportive replies from peers who are going through similar things, and we can help one another take the path towards wholeness together.

Comment @Heartsupportwall and share what thoughts you need support for today.

heartsupport
heartsupportvets
houston.mental.health
hsdevtest
hsdevtest2
thehilperts
caseyscreamsback
danmakeshismark