[POEM] If only they knew

If only they knew the sorrow that brings over a seemingly futile thing.

If only they knew the damaged caused
from each breath that hasn’t taken a pause
because it would make them accountable.

If only they could feel the taste of tears;
flowing down someone else’s face
all because of a lie.

Letting their victim cry silently for daylight.
But they let their dagger sink into a blood feud
as the blood covers up more daylight.
All because a breath wasn’t taken
that would hold them accountable.

Thanks for reading my poem: based off a current situation that has scarred me in my life. I might one day make a support post for what has happened, as it hurts me every day, but I thought I should share this here first.
5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this poem, @ljet11. It’s truly a blessing that you trust this community with your heart, as it can be difficult to share something as intimate as a poem about a painful experience. I’m glad you can use writing and poetry as an outlet for your emotions too. This is priceless.

Whenever you feel the need to share what’s on your heart (in an artistic or non-artistic way), you are always welcome to do so and you have a safety net right here. In any case: take your time. You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this poem. I am so honored that you would share your art here. I can feel the pain that you must have experienced in order to write this poem. I am so sorry for whatever pain you went through and I know you didn’t deserve it. I’m so glad that you were able to create something out of your pain. I’ve found that creating can be a huge catalyst for healing.

Sending love to you. Whenever you want to share more of your story we are here for you.

T

1 Like

I think turning your pain into a poem is a beautiful thing. I am so sorry for what you are going through <3 stay strong and continue writing friend. You are great at it! I felt the strong emotion in this.

1 Like

Hi, I made a support post about my situation: Defamation and post-traumatic stress- my situation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.