Quarantine is really getting to me

Being an introvert I didn’t expect to feel this terrible during quarantine. I thought I would accomplish so many things and be productive, but that has not been the case.

I have a list of things I’d like to do, I made this list in the middle of may, I gave myself until the 27th of April to have sticker sheet designs made and print designs and pins made and pin designs… I’ve only accomplished one thing which is art for a website and that took me this whole time since I made the list.

Why am I like this.

I tried scheduling my day out, can’t do it too precise because is stressed me out, but I guess making a list of things I want to do works- I just have to actually do those things which has been difficult.

I usually get out of bed at 9:30. Then breakfast, then laying back in bed or playing video games. I leave my house sometimes but I’m in NY and there’s only so many places you can go.

I’ve been feeling lonely, I don’t know why I get like this, I am lonely due to my own doing. I don’t reach out much, I’m very bland and monotone. I like to be alone at times, but I don’t enjoy feeling lonely.

I apologize for my lack of activity here, for the next week I will not be very active.

Anyways, I just had to talk about it. I find it difficult to reach out to only one person even if we are friends. That’s just me.

Thanks for reading.

3 Likes

Hey, Lyss

This is so much of my own heart. Especially lately. I’ve had to take a step back and it’s just caused even more loneliness. A lot of my time is spent watching Netflix or coloring. My schedule is a mess. It’s been hard wrapping my brain around this quarantine.

I love you very much. I’m glad you got a switch. I’ll add you the next time I get on. I know it’s hard, but you’re always welcome to message me.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

We’re going to get through this

3 Likes

Hi Lyss
Thanks for sharing
This quarantine is definitely not good for anyone so you’re not alone, I’m killing my self doing nothing at home all day

Usually when you stay home 24hr a day your mind inclines to bad thoughts and it’s best to be aware of your thinking or you could end up hurting yourself more.
Be mindful

You mentioned

That’s a good self reflection, now the best thing to do is change and move forward, there will be opportunity for change and ultimately its up to you to make the best of it

<3

3 Likes

Meowdy Lys!

Sorry these things are stressing you out. Being in quarantine doesn’t help for sure, when you get taken out of your normal routine it’s hard to feel productive. Like you, I didn’t think it would be a problem for me to handle it, but it’s definitely not as easy as I’d thought it would be.

It sounds like you’re putting a lot of pressure to get your list of things done. Giving yourself a little grace here goes along way I think. I don’t know how many things you’ve tried to schedule for yourself to work on during the day, but maybe you need to take a step back and simplfy it a little more. Maybe pick only 1 thing from your list to work on for the whole week, work on that for only x amount of hours each day. To-do lists can get very stressful when you start making them bigger, you see more and more things being added than crossed off and you start to get them jumbled in your head (at least I do anyway), so I try to focus on 1 or 2 things at a time at most.

Beating yourself up about it doesn’t help either. Everyone is out of their routine right now, I’m sure a lot of people are struggling to be productive. And you know what? That’s okay, it’s understandable.

Same thing for feeling lonely, that’s hard anytime but especially right now. A lot of people are, I know I am. You’re personality has nothing to do with that, whether you believe you’re “bland and monotone” or not. People care about you regardless of however you think your personality is.

Don’t be sorry for your lack of activity here on the support wall. I too love this community, and I’m not nearly as active as I used to be. You give what you can with the time you have, that’s amazing and more than enough. This place is and should be welcoming regardless of however much time you choose to spend here. But you don’t owe anyone anything.

You know there are a lot of people in this community who care about you. I know you and I don’t talk much, but seriously if you ever need to you can always DM me.

You rock Lys, hang in there.

Hold fast!

3 Likes