Quarantined

I didn’t go to my church the past couple of weeks, so that my parents would feel “safe” with me coming over for Thanksgiving. Well, after all that, I was likely exposed to someone with covid last Monday at work. I am so angry. I didn’t go to my church, when that was very difficult for me, in order for my parents to be comfortable around me. And now, due to the situation at work, I’m going to be quarantined for Thanksgiving anyways! I need support now more than ever, and the cruel thing about covid is when you need support the most, you can’t see people in person! I live alone, which makes it even worse. I mean, at least if I had a roommate or a family, I could talk to them through the door of whichever room I’m quarantining in, so I wouldn’t actually be all alone in a house. I’m so, so done with this covid shit!

2 Likes

Man, that’s brutal to feel like you’re experiencing the reality of truly being alone…to feel like you fought so hard to see your parents and get thwarted…to feel like you didn’t even ask for this or do anything to deserve it…and to feel like you’re handcuffed to the consequences…it’s brutal.

1 Like

I’m sorry @NomadicWanderer :pensive:I can only imagine how frustrating that was to follow all the rules and be careful, only to still have to spend the holiday alone. Especially when you’re already experiencing loneliness and isolation before having to quarantine. That sucks. Isolation is so hard!

1 Like

Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear that you’re quarantined @NomadicWanderer . A couple of days ago, I just came out of two weeks of self-quarantine for covid. Thankfully I had low symptoms, but I agree that quarantine in itself feels pretty isolating. To stay connected with this community and some people I know “irl” through voice calls was very helpful. I know it doesn’t replace face to face interactions, and it doesn’t change how Thanksgiving is going to be for you, unfortunately, but know that we’re in this with you. If you’re not on Discord already, maybe it could be great to connect a little more there during this quarantine?: https://discord.gg/heartsupport - The Twitch streams are also good opportunities to spend time with people, at least online, and break this feeling of isolation. HS has a network with a large variety of streamers that might be good to have a look at: https://www.twitch.tv/team/heartsupportnetwork

I’m thinking of you friend. I hope you’re taking care of yourself and are hanging in there. Let us know how it goes for you? That would be awesome.

You’re loved. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Thanks for the support, everyone! It’s been rough. I told God last week, that if suffering is what He wants to use to take me deeper with Him, then bring it on! haha. I guess He took me up on that offer. :slight_smile: Things are compounded now (on top of everything else that’s happened the past four months with covid and how it’s affected my life) with the CDC saying they are shortening the length of quarantine for exposures, and the new guidelines may be coming out next week! While that’s great news if God forbid this happens to me again. On the other hand it’s more frustrating because today is day 10 of quarantine, so my Thanksgiving is ruined for nothing! (They are thinking of changing the quarantine time to 7-10 days with a negative test. And I got a negative test Monday, on day 7!). The past few months have been so rough, and especially this past week with getting quarantined around Thanksgiving! Thanks SO MUCH for all of your support. It means a lot!

1 Like

Hey @NomadicWanderer,

Thank you so much for the update. That’s quite a resilient way to see the situation! I get why all of this is frustrating though. There are constant changes about everything and I guess we’re just all moving on as we can, even politics. :frowning: It’s indeed very unfortunate that it JUST coincided with Thankgsgiving for you… ugh. Hopefully you could see your parents soon and just enjoy being together. :hrtlegolove:

I hope you’re also feeling slowly better and are hanging in there. I’m thinking of you. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.