Random depression questions

So I talked last night been a rough few weeks obviously, was curious if anyone struggles with migraines with anxiety and depression. Or even body pains. I’m awake again at almost 5 am started yesterday with migraines and body pains I can only describe as similar to going through withdrawals. I don’t use anything but my medications for depression and I have been sober for awhile. So I don’t know what it could be but was just curious if the pain can be caused by depression and all?

2 Likes

Hi Donavand,

I suffer from all 3 of these things. If I had to guess what was going on, your anxiety may be the culprit, and they might not be migraines, rather tension headaches.

I know when I get tension headaches they are terrible. They always are centered at the base of my skull and radiate out over the entirety of my head. Generally speaking with migraines, they are usually on one side of the head though not always, and are commonly preceeded by ‘auras’ in your vision and some people get phantom smells. Either way, migraines usually give some kind of ‘warning’ that they are coming.

Tension headaches on the other hand are not usually confined to any one part of the head but do commonly radiate pain from the base of the neck because as we are tense, as with anxiety, our muscles strain more and a lot of the time we feel it in the neck or shoulders. This is not to say that these pains can’t be elsewhere as well. If your anxiety is particularly bad, it might cause body pains.

All this being said, there are other things that can cause headaches and body pain. Lyme disease for example causes joint pain and to be honest, that was the first thing I thought of when I read your post. [Insert Not a Professional disclaimer] But really… headaches and body aches are super generalized symptoms and the best way to figure out whats going on is to speak with your primary care physician.

By the way, has anything out of the ordinary happened recently, just before the onset of these symptoms?

1 Like

@Sapphire thanks for the response, I have a doctor appointment next Wednesday getting blood tests and all that done. I was trying to think if anything particular happened to maybe cause it but nothing really did happen other than heightened depression and anxiety then loss of sleep that I’m trying to figure out with medical professionals. This particular set of migraines and all came out of no where. I woke up miserable as can be so I’m not sure what’s going on but i figured I’d ask if anyone had similar things like pain that related to anxiety or depression. I guess I’m just on a roller coaster until next week when I get into the doc and therapist and start finding solutions thanks again though!

2 Likes

I had undiagnosed Lyme’s disease from 1987 till 2007. It manifested in so many different symptoms, I often thought I was losing my mind. I don’t even want to list all my symptoms, but aches and pains were certainly part of it. Even though I was treated, I still have lingering effects.

I used to have quite a few migraines, but it’s been okay lately. Sometimes, I had to go the hospital and get a Versed IV to resolve them.

Sometimes, I wake up with a pretty bad headache, but it fades after have some coffee.

For me, another cause of significant headaches, muscle and joint pain, is a drop in barometric pressure. Sometimes I can tell when a storm is coming, even before there’s a cloud in the sky.

Anyway, I hope your doctors visit turns out to be productive.

Hey @Wings thanks for the reply, I’ll have to ask about lymes disease. Looked it up and it said it is caused by deer ticks or something of that nature and I live in Iowa and we have tics for sure haha so thanks for the reply hope your health is well. I relate to some pain with the barometric pressure changes, I’ve broke my left arm twice elbow down and when it snows then gets warm here I feel it all the way into my hands so maybe some other injuries I’ve had also could be playing into the migraines but wel see in a few days I guess what the doc says hope your wel friend

2 Likes

Hey Donavand!

Here is the HS Houston team response to your post.

We hope you feel encouraged, and lean on us as you’re navigating what you’re going through!

• HS Houston

Hey hs Huston thanks for the response!! It means a lot to me! Physically still going through it today not as bad as it was but pains still there, I got into a chiropractor because that was reccomended to me and she said it can be from being tense when depressed or anxiety filled but I also have a dr appointment in two days and a therapy appointment in three days. So making moves to feel better. I appreciate you guys here so much got myself some heart support merch coming and then staying on here talking so thank you so much!!! Hope you all are well and having good times

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.