Reaching out to an old friend

Hello again.

Now that we’re in February, Valentine’s will be coming soon. And in my school, gives us the chance to send letters to friends from other schools. Now that I’m on the path of recovery, I decided to reach out to one classmate from my old school.

I don’t remember much about that time in my life, but I do remember some bits and pieces of it. And includes this one classmate.

From what I can recall, she was the ‘pretty popular girl’ in my class. She was chatty, social, and surprisingly kind. The reason I added the last trait was because of this one conversation I had with her. She seemed to be aware of the fact that I was the weird/quiet kid, and tried to reassure me with the ‘ugly duckling method’, where she told me that I’ll be a strong, beautiful woman when I’m older, and that I’ll reject those who did me wrong.

And that kind of stuck with me for a while. The main reason I still remember her was because of that conversation. So, after 3 years of silence, I decided to write a simple letter, saying how I’d like to meet up again and catch up with everything.

I’ll be taking it to the collecting box on monday, since this will end on February 8th. I’ll update this post if I do end up talking to her again.

Goodbye, for now.

5 Likes

@Cora

Thank you for sharing,

Keep us updated, great job and i am glad someone have you in mind of what inpire to reach out on a beautiful holiday.

1 Like

This is beautiful @Cora. The way she responded to you 3 years ago was so pure and genuine. And the fact that you’re willing to re-connect after such a significant time is amazing. I hope the both of you can interact again and eventually develop a meaningful connection together. And if not, well at least it’s a beautiful opportunity to be thankful and cherish the impact they had on you that day. Thank you for sharing as it certainly brings a smile today. :heart:

1 Like

I think it’s great your able to take this opportunity to reconnect with someone that made a positive impact on your life and let her know how her words have encouraged you! I’ll be hoping for you that she’ll reach back out! Catching up with people is wonderful!

1 Like

Hey friend,

I’m so proud of you for being on the road to recovery - keep up the good work. Seriously! It’s not an easy path to be on, but one that is SO worth it! So happy for you.

I think it’s incredible what you’re doing. These are the things that my parents always talk to me about. They are now retired, but used to be teachers. As teachers, they put in a lot of effort to not only teach kids, but to help them grow into better people as they went through school. From time to time they get letters, emails, phone calls from students they had in the past that tell them that they made a difference in their life. It always brought joy and fulfillment to my teachers.

I wanted to share that because it’s important to let those who made a difference in our life. You never know what THEY may be going through. Who knows, maybe they get the letter at a time that they need to hear something like this.

On another note, one thing my mom always taught me and all her students was this - no one will remember the shoes you wore, the pants you had, the cool short you bragged about. What they will remember is how you treated them. That’s what this reminds me of. It’s important to always treat people with kindness.

Stay strong friend. Keep up the good work!

1 Like