Realities

Ive been struggling with really bad anxiety lately, i started taking prozac and its really helping but im here for a different reason. I feel like im stuck between realities, like at any moment it feels like the world around me is going to melt away and ill be somewhere else. I dont mind it but im mostly scared that ill never see my family again and they’ll have to live not knowing what happened to me, nothing feels real anymore and im just so scared.

1 Like

That’s terrible! I must find some way to help you. It sounds like you are really struggling. You need to remember the dreams you have at night, It could be revolutionary. I don;t really know how to help becuase I’m just not good at helpng people. I must find some way to help you. What exactly is this anxiety? Is this just anxiety, or is this like scuicidal thoughs?I think that depression is a natural thing and that it’s not right to take something to stop it like Prozac and becuase that changes you and makes you act like not the way the true you would act,a nd makes you a different Unanxious you than before you were anxious.

I don’t know how to help you though. I’m going to try to find some way to try though.

Hey @Emma0sborn,

Thank you so much for being here and sharing about what’s going on in your life.

Anxiety is such an invisible nightmare, and I want to acknowledge your bravery for doing what’s needed to overcome it. I too struggle with anxiety on a daily basis and understand how much energy we need sometimes to do things that are simple/casual for others. So, starting a new medication can be a stressful decision but I hope with all my heart that this will give you some relief, like a crutch that will allow you to walk again, at your own pace. Congratulations for working actively on your well-being and your mental health.

The situation you describe sounds to be very scary though. Losing your grip on reality might be the sign of something important and it’s good that you decided to reach out about it. We are not professionals here, so we can only rely on personal experiences and in my very humble opinion some of the things you shared reminds me of a dissociation, which is not harmful, but can be very disturbing and make you feel detached from everything and everyone.

I don’t know if you are on therapy right now but I’d like to encourage you to talk about this with a doctor. They’ll certainly be more in a place of providing you the right help and reassure you. Just know that none of this has to be hidden, there’s nothing to be ashamed of, and it’s okay to reach out when you need it.

We’re in this with you, friend. Let us know how things are going for you. Take care. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.