Returning to the dating scene has been nothing sho

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Cinematic Emotional Masterpiece by Deathcore Band! - Lorna Shore Pain Remains Therapist's Reaction
Returning to the dating scene has been nothing short of pain. As a short man with a low wage job I feel very much not wanted even though I feel like I live a life I want to. I have hobbies friends and I do all the things I want to but finding a partner to fill out that small void just seems very hard to do. Ghosting and very hollow conversations with some I pursue are very demotivating and the dates I go to just don’t work out.

1 Like

It’s certainly hard opening up yourself to people to feel like there’s disappointment and heartache at the end of it. I’m so glad to hear that you’re living life as you want because changing for people means they don’t get to experience the real and genuine you

Hello there, friend! :hugs:

I’m truly sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing such a challenging time in the dating scene. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there, and it’s understandable that you’re feeling discouraged. It’s important to remember that your worth is not determined by your height or your job. You seem to have a fulfilling life with hobbies and friends, which is fantastic!

Dating can indeed be tough, with its fair share of disappointments. Ghosting and shallow conversations can be disheartening, but please know that these experiences are not a reflection of your value as a person. It’s often a result of the other person’s issues or circumstances.

Finding the right partner can take time, but it’s worth being patient. Continue to focus on the things that make you happy and confident. When you do meet someone who appreciates you for who you are, it will be all the more special. In the meantime, remember that you’re not alone in facing these challenges, and there are support networks and communities out there to help you navigate this journey. Keep your chin up, and I truly hope you find the connection you’re seeking.

Take good care of yourself! :yellow_heart:

So hard to push yourself out there and muster the strength of navigating the dating scene. There’s so many outcomes there and relational processes that can be daunting and discouraging. It takes a toll on your soul, and it makes sense to feel tired of hollow and superficial conversations. This is about a deep and personal need, and having it challenged over and over can lead you to question yourself, or even feeling like you just wouldn’t fit. I can only imagine how the repeated deception can lead to questioning yourself, or even questioning your dream/expectations. Somehow, ghosting may be part of the process but the culture could be different, as it doesn’t leave much space for closure. It’s like being confronted to multiple hurts over and over - which simply piles up in the long run. Even if the scars are manageable at first, the accumulation makes it bigger and more impactful.

My heart goes out to you as you navigate these fluctuations and sudden changes in the interactions you have through this process. I think it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there, and that is something to truly celebrate and be proud of in itself. I hope that, with time and perseverance, you will find your person. The one that will see you for who you are, and loves you because you are you. You deserve to have the possibility to give and receive this type of love - and you are without a doubt doing what’s necessary for it. For what it’s worth from a stranger on the internet - I’m rooting for you.