Reverting Back

Begging isn’t something that I usually like to do, but please…please I’m asking out of desperation I need support. Emotional support. Mental support. I don’t know what to do. I’m going downhill fast and I can feel that I’m slipping into a past depressive episode that lasted a long time. I can feel myself wanting those things that I should stay away from. I’m craving the things that’ll hurt me. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know where it’s coming from, what’s causing it, or why it’s happening. I’m confused and I’m scared.

6 Likes

Hi what’s wrong? You need a distraction or do you want to talk about it?

2 Likes

Hey, we’re here. Do you know if something has triggered this, or does it feel like it’s come out of nowhere?
Do you have any of the things you’re craving that could hurt you or that you should stay away from right now?

3 Likes

I don’t know…maybe a distraction? Maybe to talk? I really don’t know.

2 Likes

I don’t know what it could’ve been. The past week has been amazing. I don’t get it…

And yeah I do have the things that I’m craving that could hurt me.

1 Like

Alright, well what is it that’s bothering you?
Also here’s a nice song
Lemon boy // cavetown (chloe moriondo cover) by tony labra

1 Like

I don’t know…it doesn’t make sense to me. I honestly feel like I don’t deserve the good things. Like I feel like I’m not supposed to be here. Does that make sense?

3 Likes

It does make sense. I feel that way too but it’s not true. If you have gotten good things you deserve it. You are deserving of good things and I’m rooting for you. If you need to vent I’m here

2 Likes

Sometimes, it’s just brain chemistry that causes depression. A symptom of depression is feeling tired. That kind of tired feeling triggers cravings. I resorted to exercise when I quit smoking, and I found it worked out really well for displacing cravings.

That this depression has come out of nowhere, suggests to me that you would benefit from seeing a doctor or therapist or both.

If you feel as though it’s becoming more difficult to manage your cravings, if possible, spending time with supportive people might help. As Systemofconfusion indicated, distraction might help.

Hang around here too. We care.

2 Likes

Hey Fae,

The moment you realise you are heading towards a dark place can be overwhelming, so it’s great that you are reaching out!

I’ll leave a list of things of things I do which help me when the depression is knocking at my door, and all I have to do is overthink to let it in. I hope they help you, too:

• Deep clean my place
  • Organise cupboards/book case/drawers
  • Draw/sculpt
  • Any chore etc I postponed
  • Make Xmas presents
  • Cook for the week
  • Any manual work
  • Go to farmer’s market (even if I am not buying anything)
  • Hiking (with a group)

I hope you find the best way to distract yourself, and feel better soon!

Oh, Also, I recently read this trick, I don’t know if it is true or not BUT if you find yourself over-thinking, fix your eyes on a spot. You cannot lose yourself in thoughts and memories when your eyes are focused - or so the article said.

:hugs:

3 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.