Saturday was horrible

My saturday started out very roughly i forgot that saturday night my friend was going to get me admitted to psych ward but things got changed, i told my mom all my issues then i also came out as transgender to her which she supports me very well. But my mom found out about all of my suicide attempts which ended badly with me now not aloud anything in my room that is harmful

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say it was horrible at all. You talked to your mother and she supported you AND she is trying to keep you safe. Taking harmful things out of your room is the best thing for you, so don’t fight that. In the mental ward when you’re in the rooms they put people who are a danger to themselves they have a camera on you all the time. They don’t let you have anything in your room that can hurt you either.

So, your mom is doing the right thing. I’m so proud of you for opening up to her about being trans, I think that is the most awesomest thing ever!

2 Likes

It’s prob not how you wanted her to find out, but she took a really positive action for your best safety in mind.

Why was the removal of those objects so bad for you?
I’m glad that you were going to go in for additional support and help, and I hope you will do so in future if you think you need it. Glad to hear your mom was supportive when you told her about being trans, hoping that she can offer you more encouragement and support.

Hoping your Sunday has been better!

2 Likes

It was just bad bc she took everything like my strings away im only aloud my cords bc i’m safe with them

3 Likes

hi friend! thank you so much for being here as well as being open with us, your friends, and your mom. it takes a lot of courage and strength to express your emotions and i truly admire that about you. i’m so happy your mom is supportive towards you in so many ways from you coming out (congrats by the way! <3) and to wanting to protect your incredible life. i’m honestly thankful for the efforts she has taken to remove anything harmful from your area. she’s only doing what a mom can and should do in these circumstances of knowing their child is hurting. is there anything we can do to help you work through your suicide attempts and remind you of how much value your life brings to this world? i’m proud of you for making it to today, to be able to be yourself and have friends and family who love and support you, and i am so thankful to be able to connect with you. i’m here always if you need anything and look forward to hearing from you soon. love, twix

5 Likes

Dear @Horselover200246

I’m so very proud of you for coming out to family, as that takes a lot of courage to be vulnerable about where you are mentally.

I certainly understand it has to be distressing to have both your friend going though their issues and mom taking away things from your space. I hope your friend is able to get the help they need, and your mom is responsible to care for you and loves you, so her reaction is very much warranted.

To be honest I am so very grateful for you that your mom is taking immediate action. I wish I could have in her shoes as my little sister was harming herself secretly and I didn’t find out till after the fact and I have felt guilt knowing I could have been there for her but I wasn’t at the time.

Your mom will likely need time for things to cool off and to regain trust that you will not harm yourself. I know it’s going to be tough for awhile. But now you have opened that conversation up it could be a wonderful thing that you can work through this with your mom.

With gratitude <3/Mish

4 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you for your post. I am so very proud of you to have opened up to your Mum the way you did and that you came out as transgender to her and how fortunate you are to have such and understanding parent who is standing by you and supporting you. Most importantly although it is probably a bit strange for you to have all those things removed from your room that you have had around you almost comforting you, they are things that are a danger and it is so good that your Mum has made that decision to remove those things to keep you safe for both of your peace of mind. I hope the relationship that you both have continues and life gets better for you. Much Love. Lisa

5 Likes

Hello, friend! I’m glad you are here sharing with us. And I’m proud of you for opening up to your mom :hrtlegolove: That is such an accomplishment. I’m thrilled that she was supportive of you, I can imagine how much of a relief that must have been for you and I’m just so happy for you. Even though you might not like that she took away some of your things I think it’s so great that your mom wants to do everything she can to keep you safe. After all that’s a mother’s job, right :slight_smile: And I believe that you see that she has your best interest at heart even if you don’t feel that way right now. I hope you can find the help you need to get better. And I hope you continue to be open with your mom and allow her to support you on your journey. Keep fighting, friend :hrtlegolove:

6 Likes

My mom stopped me from an attempt i was going to do 2 days ago bc she found out about my issue an why i was always sick a lot so she knew i have attempted in the past now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.