Scammed and lost

From swaglordphd: Hello Everyone,

A couple months ago i lost my job due to family circumstance, i have been desperate for a job apply everyday hoping that at least one would hit. A couple weeks back i received a message from someone offering a remote job, not wasting time i jumped at the opprotunity i bent over backwards for this “company”. After the initial excitement i started thinking about it more that it was text only and i never talked to this person. Then it started to sink in that i may have been scammed out of 2500$ and possibly my personal identity due to them sending me a employment letter. After this hit tonight i felt as if i’ve been shot that i’m probably going to lose a lot that i do not have a lot of money left over for rent. Everything seems bleak and i just don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Hello swaglordphd

I’m sorry that you have been experiencing this pitfall in life that you are currently going through. It is definitely scary not knowing what you will do to be able to provide for yourself in the future. I have been homeless before, and it was a very hard time in my life. I made it through though, and am here today talking to you. I hope that you can find some good luck eventually, and get the job you desire.

I’m not sure the complete details of how you may have been scammed, but if you have lost money, and think your identity may have been stolen. Maybe there is a some place you can contact to try to get it resolved. I know here in the state that I live in, there is a state hotline to help people deal with identity theft. A quick search in google, in the area you are in, might provide you with more information on this. I hope you can find some relief to your situation soon, and feel free to share more if you want/need. <3

1 Like

swaglordphd,

Ah there is a particular low reserved for when you’re duped. Feeling like a fool is a unique emptiness. That regret gnaws at you. It breaks your brain. It’s so painful.

It’s hard to get back up and keep fighting. Especially after fighting for so long this season trying to find a job. It just feels like getting kicked when you’re down. Hard to get back on your feet after that. you wish that by laying there, maybe pity will cover you with a blanket and let you lie there without consequence for a while. And maybe when you muster the courage to get up, things will have changed, and they won’t be so hard. Maybe luck will lift you. But no, it’s just a fantasy, and you’re still here, and the world is still moving, and it just feels like fuuuuuuuuuck. I don’t want to do this.

What’s notable is that you have been doing this for quite some time. And that in your CONSISTENCY, you made a mistake. But what you are interpreting as shame, I see as GRIT. You have chosen to persevere in this low period for quite some time, and you have come so far, put in so much work, so much effort. And you’re actually doing the thing. You’re sewing the seed. At some point that effort blossoms. I think the most sinister thing would be if the shame from this mistake were to get you offer your game and discourage you from continuing on the path you’ve been on. I would rather be in your position, doing the work, and make a mistake, than be someone on the sidelines who never had the chance to make a mistake because they weren’t actually trying.

If anything, I am proud of you. And I believe you have what it takes to see this thing through.

Thank you for sharing here.