Sexual assault?

IM A GIRL FOR REFERENCE Ok so basically, I had a friend a while ago who i was BEST FRIENDS with. She had made me feel really weird and scared though. She would “flirt” and make weird jokes about her being a man and having seggs with me. Not going to lie, sometimes a jokingly went along with it. But for one instance when she asked to play doctors (her way of saying “let’s get naked and pretend to have a baby!”) I would say no and I was not comfortable with it. But every time I would say that she would complain and pressure me and say “come on we only do what you want, least you can do is do this.” And she would touch me in weird ways and flirt. Please? I really need help knowing if this was actually sexual assault or if I’m making stuff up… please and thank you have a great day :two_hearts: also I’m sorry if this is annoying haha

6 Likes

Hihi! I would say it’s definitely not okay for her to be doing that to you and that it is sexual assault if she’s touching you inappropriately and trying to force it on to you, you’re not just making stuff up. Somebody who is trying to pressure and talk you into doing things, especially sexual, that you don’t want to do, isn’t really a friend of yours. I would say for you to explain that to her and let her know how you feel and explain that you might not want to be friends anymore if it doesn’t stop if that’s what you decide to do. It definitely isn’t okay for her to be doing that to you. It’s better to try and stop things as they are now if it’s making you uncomfortable or upset instead of just putting up with it and going on. If it’s bothering you please do say something to them and if they dont listen, don’t hang out with them anymore for your own benefit. I wish you luck!! :slight_smile: Hope things will work out alright for you. If you need anything, i’m pretty sure my DM’s are open

5 Likes

Thank you so much <3 yea I cut off communication about half a year ago when she moved. I literally felt like I escaped and abusive home… the reason I asked is because I really struggle with it still and I’m too afraid to speak up about it. I still tell myself I’m over dramatic and faking it because the one time I opened up about it they invalidated me and told me it’s my fault. Thank you so much this really does mean a lot, I really needed help with this. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that happened to you. But I can confirm that that is not normal or ok for her to have done that. Touching you when you say no is absolutely assault and continuing to push the subject is coercive and not at all ok. I’m glad that she is out of your life now. Being afraid and struggling with feelings about what happened is ok. It isnt at all over dramatic to feel whatever your feeling about what happened to you. It’s a lot to process and it may take a long time before you’re fully able to grapple with the full scope of what happened.
But OOF I am SO mad at whoever told you this was your fault. Ill smack em for you >:C

4 Likes

Those who would invalidate you are not the ones you should be talking to. Touching others in a suggestive way, without their permission is assault. Making coercive comments in connection with that touching, is emotional abuse.

If the experience is still troubling to you, definitely speak to a qualified therapist about it.

3 Likes

Thanks you <3 go ahead and punch em haha it was a worker at a mental hospital/behavioral health which makes it worst. Thank you for helping me though <33

1 Like

Thank you <3 it’s still hard for me to talk about but I’m going to try my best to open up to my therapist on Monday <3

3 Likes

Oh that is a MILLION times worse! If you can report them PLEASE do. Because that junk does not fly in the medical field, ESPECIALLY in mental health.

I’m for sure gonna smack em now :imp:

4 Likes

I should report them >:) mwahaha! Now i must get the strength to do so lol

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.