Sleep Token - Ascensionism - Therapist Reacts

I’m new here, this is the first video I’ve ever seen from you. I enjoyed your reception too this amazing song. Music is an art, which means the possibilities are endless on how a song is precieved.

1 Like

A song that is so relatable, not wanting to be alone, driving yourself crazy because your in the most toxic relationship you’ve ever been in, it hurts, it’s soul crushing, I love sleep token, I can relate to much to the songs they sing

1 Like

This song perfectly describes the relationship I had with my ex, she had diagnosed but untreated BPD. Soooo many of their songs reference Cluster B behavior imo.

1 Like

Loved that you already knew who ST was and were rocking out! New subscriber!

1 Like

You should take a look at the tracks on “this place will become your tomb”. Some truly heartbreaking lyrics

1 Like

Would love to see you review “Euclid” by Sleep Token. That one tugs at the heart strings.

1 Like

im really intrigued in what you would say about the apparition

1 Like

Sleep Token is where cyber samurai and ancient pagan ritual come together.

1 Like

Love your reacts, especially to relatable ones like Sleep Token. I think it’d be awesome if you did a react to some of Sundowning and This Place Will Become Your Tomb. Hopefully you have some like Atlantic, Telomeres, High Water, Blood Sport, etc, in the pipeline :grin: they’re phenomenal.

1 Like

I am sorry … but your happy go lucky reaction to this made no sense to me…

You Dancing and Singing to the beat drop is why I could never do reactions or analysis. Cannot resist singing some things, the Echolalia is too strong.

I wasn’t feeling the pentagrams in the night sky then I realized he just meant stars :sparkles: cause when I think of pentagrams I think of satanists and free masons. And I’m against those. Then I realized the shape of a star is called a pentagram and it’s the inverted pentagram that is satanic and Masonic.

1 Like

Haven’t yet heard your analysis but I’ll give my breakdown of the lyrics. Sorry if it’s too long. The song is very, very deep. This song kind of crushed me emotionally because it resonates with loving someone when they don’t love you back. Let me explain why:

Start, piano: The lyrics are sad, and the person can’t accept that someone is just taking what they want, using him/her.
Boppy part: The person is entering a state of blissful ignorance, understanding that he/she can’t get out of this toxic relationship just yet, and is trying to just experience and enjoy it while it lasts.
Explosion of pleasure: Succeeding in enjoying what is actually bad for the person, ascension to pleasure, and a happier mental state.
Sudden realization, heavy riff part: The person realizes that he has once again fallen into the same ignorance trap and is angry at him/herself, shouts “You’re gonna watch me ascend”. I WILL get over this.
End piano: Determination to change, even spite, hence, flipping the lyrics around - you used me and now I’M going to use you, take what I want, then leave.
End of the song: It strikes the person that they’re not the same as the one he’s trying to fight against, his perfect enemy as Vessel said. Heavy breathing, the sudden realization that it’s not over yet and there’s no escape. The ONLY way to escape from your own head is by doing what?.. “You make me wish I could disappear!!!”.

At the end of the song, I experienced emotions that people usually experience within years… in just 7 minutes. My jaw was on the floor, I couldn’t speak, and I had to go take a walk.

1 Like

Wow I love this … Did see if you did dark signs from sleep token

1 Like

Seeing them do Ascensionism live this year was everything! I danced and moshed with some amazing strangers. It was beautiful. Sharing our frustrations, our pains, our tears, our loss, and our ascensions together. Worship :pray::metal::raised_hands:

1 Like

The first time I heard this song I drew a tree with a diamond in it with a pentagram next to a crescent moon above it.

I thought it just looked cool but now I realize it serves a higher purpose as explained in this video.

1 Like

this song has had me by the ovaries for a month now. I just wish I could get the equivalent of getting a songs lyrics tattooed but somehow have it permanently in my ears :skull: this song is everything to me and the lines “blood stains on the collar means just don’t ask, be the first to the feast, lets choke on the past and take to the broken skies at last” is my favorite lines ever

1 Like

Why does this band find your soul’s G spot… I’m Not the only one who thinks this right?

1 Like

Thank you so much for having this free service not only for me but for everyone who likes this genre of music. Because 90% of us have mental struggles in one way or another. A band that has hit my heart the hardest is Loathe and specifically their album “I let it in and it took everything.” if you could review any of these songs I at least would personally appreciate it.
Here are my personal favs: Two- way Mirror, Is it Really You?, A sad Cartoon.
Thank you for everything you do.

(Ill be copy pasting this comment only in hopes to catch your eye)

1 Like

I love how much you love this song. His lyrics make me feel at least not alone.

1 Like