Slntplnt-heartsupport-i-struggle-to-see-how-humani

This is a topic from Twitter. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Twitter.

Belongs to: What brokenness are you struggling with right now?
@SLNTPLNT @heartsupport I struggle to see how humanity can just be so terrible to it’s own kind. Everyday it seems like it gets worse and worse and I genuinely struggle to see the positive through all that negative, so maybe I’m the broken one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You are sensitive and compassionate. Some would view you as broken if you aren’t part of the negativity. Things are happening in both directions, positive and negative. The negative gets a whole lot more publicity, especially if it’s something that can be politicized. In order to see the positive, you have to look more closely to those around you. If you are broken, so am I.

1 Like

Oh friend, you are not broken at all. Actually, what you have described here is something that most certainly a lot of people feel and deal with on a daily basis. I definitely relate to what you have shared as well. The years of covid and lockdowns especially have forced so many people to slow down a little bit and take the measure of how overwhelming this world can be. It was a brutal reminder to many people that we may live our daily life subjected to external stressors that have a significant impact on us, even though we may not always notice it at the moment because we’re engulfed in our routines and habits.

There are so many awful news to read/hear about on a daily basis. One of the most human reactoin you can have is to feel emotionally affected by it in some way. Whether it’s completely crushing you, making you sad or uncomfortable, it’s all part of being human and certainly not broken. There are things out there happening that are just so hard to conceive or understand. It’s hard to focus on the positives when it seems that so many wrong tihngs are happening, and when people can be so destructive towards each other as well as their living environment. You are certainly not broken for feeling the way you do and asking the questions you ask. It is definitely healthy to sometimes not understand why someone does what they do. There are things that seem to go beyond any logic or ethics.

Seeing the positive can be very challenging when we’re receiving so many information all the time. Over time, there’s only 24hrs in a day and only so much we can process without it becoming unhealthy. Personally, I have shifted over time to stay away from the news in general. It was weird at first as I was really craving that sense of feeling connected and informed, so it was challenging at first. But the benefits definitely outweights the initial stress. Over time, it has helped me create room for refocusing on my own world and what’s happening in it. When everything seems so wide, so overwhelming, it can help to try to reframe our focus to more immediate and smaller areas. your home, your inner circle of relationships, your projects and dreams, your hobbies, your work. All things that are meaningful to you and *are in your control. Somehow, reframing our focus to smaller areas can help reveal the innate beauty of things again. It’s always been there, but we feel lost in the grand scheme of things, it can be hard to see the beauty immediately around us. Even just a walk in nature can be full of wonders if we take the time to pay attention, look around, slow down and embrace what we see, hear, smell and feel. It’s a daily practice but to seek beauty around, but it’s definitely worth it in the long run. <3