Smirky Fan #1

i feel like i won’t move on from my ex, despite it being over two years since the break up, and i just want to move on and be in a new relationship but don’t feel like anyone understands

hey friend,
it can be really tough trying to move on when you feel like you can’t and will never move on. It took me a very long time to get over the person I thought I loved, and that’s totally normal. What’s important is that you’re making an effort to move forward. You are strong. I’m sorry you’re going through this but please know that you WILL get through this. it IS possible. love you friend

1 Like

thank you friend <3 i appreciate your kind words (just made my account on here to respond!) and i’m glad someone else has gone through this as well. thank you again <3

2 Likes

I understand perfectly well. It has been almost 3 years since my breakup. You don’t ever truly forget the people you love, especially if you are the type of person who feels things deeply. I wish I had a lot of advice for you but all I can say is: You may not ever love someone the same way you love(d) that person and that is okay. The people we meet touch our lives in many different ways even if their roles are similar. I went on several dates with guys because I thought I was ready but I wasn’t. It wasn’t all bad though. It helped me learn some things about myself. Putting yourself out there is hard especially when you were hurt so badly the last time. The best thing you can do is try and if it doesn’t feel right, don’t push it to feel right. You deserve so much love and you will find it. :heart:

1 Like

@DeadFriends_Fans oh my god :pleading_face: thank you so much. this was so needed. thank you thank you :blue_heart: