Smirky Fan #15

Hi, I’m a senior in high school and I feel like I’m the only person I know who isn’t applying for big universities and doing big ambitious things. I’m just a socially anxious kid who wants to go to the local tech college for graphic design and I feel like nobody else is like I am. I’m always worrying that everyone is judging me because I don’t want to go to a big school like all my friends and other family members.

1 Like

Hi friend.
When I was a senior in high school, I was the only one not applying to colleges because I knew what I wanted, or more like what I didn’t want.

What I’m trying to say is that it is okay to not do what the others are doing. You want to go to that school, so there is no need to worry about what others might think.
I know, it’s a lot easier said than done, and I know it’s hard, but I want to encourage you to hold on to your dream and what you want to do as your next steps.
Sometimes “not being like the others” is a good thing.
I never fitted in, but I also believe I was the truest version of myself when I didn’t fit in. And honestly, don’t worry about fitting in. Maybe at that school you’re applying to you’ll find your people.
Great people stand out. I’m sure you’re one of them.

You’re not alone.

Hold Fast, friend. <3

1 Like