So-many-losses-my-cousin-in-a-plane-crash-a-specia - 2579

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: HeartSupport_Fans Content #2564
So many losses. My cousin, in a plane crash. A special friend, to leukemia. Both my uncles, to cancer. Arrived home, today, from a funeral of another friend, just to discover that another friend had fallen to his death the day before yesterday. I miss the beloved animals I lost every single day. Loss is a part of life and we have to navigate through it hand in hand with the feelings we gather from those experiences, even if they are so, so painful. Yes, it is hard work. Every single day. Mental health is essential for survival. I think I needed this post today. So I thank you.

2 Likes

So much heartache to have gone through, my heart goes out to you. Struggling with loss and grief is never easy and something that is so hard to have to manage. Some days can be extremely rough, I hope that the memories and love helps heal your heart. I hope you hold close all that you’ve learned and shared with these people and fur friends

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss you’ve experience, but I love your healthy insight into it. I feels like you’ve had good support and taken care of yourself. Thank you for posting!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for those very heart felt thought provoking words. My heart breaks for you and all of your loss and the bravery and the strength that you have had to use to push through all of this. You never get past losses like that but to have that strength to learn to continue living your life with their love behind you is amazing. Thank you so much for this post. I send my love to you . x

3 Likes

thank you for sharing the losses you’ve endured in so many different aspects of your life. the hard work you’ve put into survival, embracing grief, and maintaining your mental health is admirable. you’ll be in my thoughts and i hope you can take it easy on yourself after attending your friend’s funeral. sending love and comfort your way.

2 Likes

Sounds like a lot there. Your perspective is on the mark though.

I have certainly had my losses as to humans, so sorry. I know we always miss those that meant a lot to us. But fortunate we had a time with them.

The animals hit home for me as I lost dog about a year ago. So I wanted to share a Charlie Chaplin silent movie that comes to mind. I “think” I have the correct one in saying it is called “The Kid”. It has been a while since I saw it. But what I remember is there is this dog flying around depicted as an angel dog. And, don’t mean to imply something religious here; and not meant that way. But it struck me that here is this old time comic that obviously saw some meaning in that. Just sharing something that came to mind for me as to that type of loss.

2 Likes

@heartsupport there’s nothing to do but to learn and cope. I have learnt what helps me and what does not. Music has been essential as a self-supporting mechanism and it has has helped me keep away from what I know will be toxic for me. It’s an ongoing work that will never be finished. Pages like yours are extremely important to keep mental health as a core discussion to be had every day. Thank you and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing, friend. I’m glad that you’ve opened up as you felt the need for it. Grief is such a heavy experience - even though it is indeed part of life. There is something about it that pushes us to surrender, but at the same time to compose with all the strong emotions it creates - the feeling of injustice, the sadness, the emptiness. It is conflicting, heart-shattering, and it’s important to have the possibility to talk about it. What you’ve been experiencing is a lot to deal with, and I hope that you make sure to be patient with yourself as you process these losses in your life. Words will never be enough to bring comfort, but know that we are standing with you through all of it. Sending hugs your way today.

1 Like